Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said many a time, I don't think there is an anti-spurs conspiracy, but it is in the interests of those that profit most from the footballing mainstream to maintain a status quo. Quirky narratives like Leicester of Sheff Utd this year are a welcome added spice, but they're not welcome at the big table on a longer-term basis either.

- Look at how Uefa continually try and manipulate the coefficients for their competitions.
- Sky don't even try to hide their preferences.
- What are the deeper implications of FFP and how it is enforced?
- Many a ref has crumbled when called to make big decisions against big teams.... (This being a sign of weakness rather than anything more untoward.)

Maybe the terms bias or conspiracy are inappropriate, but there is a tide that teams outside of the status quo swim against.

The media and football authorities all make more money when the 'big clubs' are strong - unfortunately that's what it boils down to

The only thing they haven’t all realised is that the PL is the wealthiest league, because its the most competitive, so long term pushing just Utd and Liverpool so much makes no sense.....you end up like all the other leagues

Didn’t really know where to put this: article on BBC about race bias in commentary where lighter skinned players are more frequently praised as intelligent and darker skinned players to be praised for physicality.

However, nowhere NOWHERE does it say about commentators not knowing who is who between Sissoko / Aurier / Sanchez!

Gets my goat.

Thank you.

WHAT NEXT FOR DELE ALLI?
Sky Sports’ Graeme Souness:
"I don’t think Mourinho is entirely happy with him. I think that’s a big decision he has going forward. And if you are Dele Alli, you are not going to be hanging around if you are not first choice.
Seriously?? He's not starting for one game.... Jesus, get a grip Graeme.... he's sub for once, it doesn't mean he's leaving...

Christ on a bike!

Seriously?? He's not starting for one game.... Jesus, get a grip Graeme.... he's sub for once, it doesn't mean he's leaving...

Christ on a bike!
I can see his point though. When Dele has been subbed off in the past he hasn't taken it well, throwing his boots down, water bottles etc.

I don't know if it was because he was subbed or he was disappointed in his own performance, but it's not a good sign.

I can see his point though. When Dele has been subbed off in the past he hasn't taken it well, throwing his boots down, water bottles etc.

I don't know if it was because he was subbed or he was disappointed in his own performance, but it's not a good sign.
Yet when players from other clubs throw a strop when getting subbed, it shows PASSION and commiment at being disappointed with their own performance... when Dele (or Ndombele, or whoever) do that, it apparently shows dissent, and they clearly want out!!

Im after a bit of help / understanding here. Why does Garth Crooks always have to be negative about Spurs.... even when hes putting Spurs players in his Team Of The Week?

Did he leave under a cloud or something?

Im after a bit of help / understanding here. Why does Garth Crooks always have to be negative about Spurs.... even when hes putting Spurs players in his Team Of The Week?

Waddle does something similar, and is clear to point out his loyalties lie with Sheffield Wednesday.
Not sure why, both had good spells with us.

Waddle does something similar, and is clear to point out his loyalties lie with Sheffield Wednesday.
Not sure why, both had good spells with us.

I think some over-compensate in striving to be seen as objective.... For years, Hoddle was the same but seems a bit more relaxed these days.

It does appear strange sometimes. Take ex-Woolwich players who become pundits like C*mpbell, Merson, Smith, Keown, Nicholas, Groves, Parlour, Dixon etc (shit that’s a lot of scum) - they all seem to remain Woolwich supporters through and through which shows in the form of bias. Liverpool pundits are the same. We tend to have ex-Spurs player pundits who have little loyalty and even seem to dislike us such as Crooks, Lineker, Redknapp etc Even those who you would like to consider are Spurs through and through like Hoddle and to a lesser extent Jenas seem to go out of their way to be unbiased.

It does appear strange sometimes. Take ex-Woolwich players who become pundits like C*mpbell, Merson, Smith, Keown, Nicholas, Groves, Parlour, Dixon etc (shit that’s a lot of scum) - they all seem to remain Woolwich supporters through and through which shows in the form of bias. Liverpool pundits are the same. We tend to have ex-Spurs player pundits who have little loyalty and even seem to dislike us such as Crooks, Lineker, Redknapp etc Even those who you would like to consider are Spurs through and through like Hoddle and to a lesser extent Jenas seem to go out of their way to be unbiased.

To be fair to Lineker, prior to the Leicester title win he was always unashamedly pro-Spurs. Gazza to during his rare pundit appearances.

Considering our lack of success we have a lot of ex players as pundits, and I’m not including Judas, Jamie Redknapp, or Sourness.

Winning simple. Its human nature. I hate to go there but.....there are loads of people who voted remain and are now vocally pro Brexit. They want to be associated with the win no matter what they really feel. If we had beaten the Mickey in the ECL final: Lineker, Crooks, Jenas, Waddle, would be signing our praises. Their ambiguity around Spurs would disappear. We are to blame, because we never broke that ceiling. I work in story telling I'll be no more detailed than that. Narratives are incredibly powerful, ours is now a grail quest. When people talk about club culture and people being in winners, they over look the bigger narrative around Spurs. The win is all and it needs to be big. ECL, EPL. Only they will do.

Do not see why he would hate us. Saw him in the early nineties in the stand amongst Spurs supporters. he was not working and I cannot see why he was there unless supporting us.

Just noticed..... As predicted as soon as imposters like Spurs are out of the mix, rather than 'top 6', talk resumes of the 'top 4' being the EPL elite.

Notice the media's silence regarding the disgraceful performance of Anthony Taylor (and Stuart Atwell on VAR who should have overruled the penalty dive and called the handball by Arse goalie).

The silence is deafening.....

Back
Top Bottom