Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else feal we're over reacting. Do we really want them sacked. Have any of you ever made a mistake. They acted in unprofessional manner and that it was done without them knowing it was being recorded looks worse for them. But at the end of the day who gives a fuck. We got bigger fish to fry. I know I'll probably get a load of disagrees. But honestly who gives a fuck.

I'm sure you're right but like it or not the media are paid money to give their opinions and a lot of people take them serious.

If nothing is done then the message is loud and clear that racism is bad, but speech impediments are fair game for bullies in the school yard.

Frankly, I'm not entirely sure the whole thing wasn't manufactured from the outset. If there is anybody who is green lit to make fun of by the media it is our Harry and Spurs.

Thats not how I roll dude, I'm a freedom of speech type of guy. :moursmall:

The laws an ass when it comes to hate speech (pugs saluting Hitler) but in this instance I'd like it to be applied evenly :kaneear:

I'm sure someone like Paddy or the impeccably woke Ginolaflair could muster enough social justice bile to call plod. I mean Paddy likes a yellow on here doesn't he? :moursad:

Mind you the woman is mixed race, taking in your life into your hands there, plod will probably turn up at the doorstep and take the knee :avbshit:

:llorishuh:

It does seem that ESPN has a particular vendetta against Spurs, it's relentless week in, week out. Win, lose or draw.

If I were Tottenham I'd just flat out refuse to deal to them from here on out, instruct the players to follow suit on International duty too. Next time they want an interview with Harry Kane, England captain. Oh, sorry. Get fucked.

The video where they go on to say how we may as well pack in the Premier League if we win the league playing 'like that' just sums them up. A) Biased. B) Anti-Spurs. C) Anti-Mourinho and D) They haven't got a fucking clue what they're talking about seeing as we've scored the most goals in the Premier League this season.

Last edited:
Anyone else feal we're over reacting. Do we really want them sacked. Have any of you ever made a mistake. They acted in unprofessional manner and that it was done without them knowing it was being recorded looks worse for them. But at the end of the day who gives a fuck. We got bigger fish to fry. I know I'll probably get a load of disagrees. But honestly who gives a fuck.
Not at all. It's called taking responsibility. You are on a live TV show in front of millions of people and you make humor out of someone's weakness? We say Kane won't feel a thing about their comment but deep inside, you know it pains anyone to hear things like that. I'm hoping this incident drives him to become a better footballer. If I was his parent/friend/family, I'd walk into ESPN HQ to get them both on their knees including their boss.

Out of curiosity, are there any pro Spurs outlets in the way there are pro dipper?
Nothing like the dippers or United have. I think the most we get in the way of 'pro-Spurs' journalism is from small London-based news outlets like HITC and football.london (Alasdair Gold), the same as every club really.

There's something inside me that quite enjoys that we get a rough ride from the mainstream media. Kinda makes it better when we do something that goes against their agenda - even if that is something as small (relatively) as hammering Manchester United in their own stadium or shitfesting an away win at some unremarkable club.

It's not Spursy enough for them and they hate it. Fuck them.

If you had the utmost respect for Harry you would not say such disrespectful things about him to begin with.

You can have respect for a player and still criticize how he plays. But to have a go at how he speaks, something which he has no control over, speaks of an outright lack of respect.

I am way more rattled by this than I realistically should be.

There's something inside me that quite enjoys that we get a rough ride from the mainstream media. Kinda makes it better when we do something that goes against their agenda - even if that is something as small (relatively) as hammering Manchester United in their own stadium or shitfesting an away win at some unremarkable club.

It's not Spursy enough for them and they hate it. Fuck them.
I feel the same. I am loving it.
I just hope that this general hostility doesn't translate too often into bad refereeing against us. Not that it's happening so f... oh wait!

I feel the same. I am loving it.
I just hope that this general hostility doesn't translate too often into bad refereeing against us. Not that it's happening so f... oh wait!
Anybody else feel that if Man Utd, Liverpool or City had been the victim of such a ludicrous refereeing decision as we were it would have been plastered all over Sky and the newspapers for the next few days ?
So Sky had a discussion about it in Ref Watch which, to be fair, showed Scott up for the pompous prick he was but that's about it. If it had been any of the top three it would probably have been brought up in PM's question time by their MP.

The only way this club will ever receive the true respect and recognition it deserves is by going above and beyond the normal requisites of a premier side and not just beating the top clubs but hammering them and forcing pundits like Carragher, Neville and Souness to choke on their words and finally admit just how strong a title challenger we are.

The 6-1 victory at Old Trafford was instantly dismissed with excuses. It is such a sad indictment on the league and the game itself that media bias exists so blatantly on TV and in the press. Spurs need to produce superhuman efforts in order to glean even a modicum of the respect they truly deserve from these so called 'experts'.

I hope we shove it down their throats this season and watch them choke on the fact Tottenham are league champions. All that matters to me is that we put up a genuine challenge and hopefully finally achieve the rewards for our efforts. I will care little for their whinings and excuses that will inevitably follow such a success. I'll be far too busy celebrating.

:coys: :coys:

Last edited:
Some quality ESPN commentary here.

if Tottenham win the league playing like that, I think we have to shut down the Premier League, that would be better for everybody."

It really is embarrassing if you watch us play though. The pundits were all right from the start. Jose is a tactical dinosaur who does nothing but park the bus.

Spurs are #1 in goals scored
Spurs are #2 in xG created

Loving it Jose loves a good siege mentality is against them he will be showing them all this shit to fire them up.

The two dickheads who mocked Harry's speech impediment need sacking though. Same as mocking anyone with any disability and the media are the ones who created the PC culture so better stick to it

tell them what you think

Alexis-Nunes-827405.jpg

r678074_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...e-Bruno-Fernandes-worry-Tottenham-Man-Utd/amp

Claims that Spurs should be worried because Partey was good against Fernandes.

Pretty sure Højbjerg dominated him from the first to last minute he was on the pitch. Cost three times less and is two years younger. But yeah, okay, WE should be worried 😂.

Aside from the terrible, terrible journalism, the bias is laughable.

Back
Top Bottom