Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wouldn't. Nothing changed for Wigan when they won the FA cup. We'd have to win stuff for like 3 consecutive seasons otherwise everyone will dismiss it as a fluke

Wigan got relegated though?

The narrative will change with the media a bit because we finally did what we are not expected to do in their eyes and that's win.

It won't change amongst rival fans, they will just move the goalposts.

When we win a trophy the narrative does change a bit with the media though

It won’t. They’ll still ignore us. Say we (finally) win the fa cup this season it won’t be acknowledged. Anyway I’m fine with going under the radar. We’ll never get the credit and that doesn’t really bother me. I’ll celebrate with other spurs fans like I do when we win. Rubbing it in other fans faces is so smalltime.

Both of these are true but Villa getting way more love than makes sense. They aren't close to a club like Brighton or Brentford that worked their way up through the divisions.

Yep..... This isn't even Leicester levels of potential fairytale.

Villa are a (geographically and historically) big club that have been underachieving for decades.... Akin to Newcastle.

Seems we finally broke Micah Richards tonight....

First time I haven't heard him laugh outrageously like a drain at everything Lineker and Shearer say whilst seemingly 'analysing' our game!

I'm not gonna go down the conspiracy route, but EVERY team that won today had their goals shown, and analysed on MOTD... Except ours....

Strange, that's all.

Seems we finally broke Micah Richards tonight....

First time I haven't heard him laugh outrageously like a drain at everything Lineker and Shearer say whilst seemingly 'analysing' our game!

I'm not gonna go down the conspiracy route, but EVERY team that won today had their goals shown, and analysed on MOTD... Except ours....

Strange, that's all.
Watched MOTD on catch up last night.

Shearer (paraphrased);
"VAR is supposed to be for clear and obvious errors, that (their goal) wasn't a clear and obvious error "

Well it obviously was you dumb fuck, because the referee changed his mind after seeing the footage.

Villa are a (geographically and historically) big club that have been underachieving for decades.... Akin to Newcastle.
Danny Blanchflower talks about them being a sleeping giant when he joined them so if they were sleeping then they’ve been comatose since!

As an aside if you haven’t read his autobiography you’re missing out.

Danny Blanchflower talks about them being a sleeping giant when he joined them so if they were sleeping then they’ve been comatose since!

As an aside if you haven’t read his autobiography you’re missing out.
Some Villa fan was jumping on the trophy bandwagon on Twitter and I called them out for it. They won a league cup in 1996, we've won it twice since then and we are bantered for it being a pretend trophy so they can fuck off.

I said they haven't been relevant for 30 years, he said that historic trophies count.

I was like then they count for us, you cunt.

If you haven't won anything since before we did, you can't make trophy jokes at us. End of.

BBC report on Villa flop last night:

"For Emery, more tangible comfort comes from grabbing a point when they could have completely lost their nerve after Archer's goal and several debatable refereeing calls including Bailey's disallowed strike."

Says it all really. Would it have been a tangible comfort for Spurs if we dropped those points? Fuck no, it would have been "Spursy". And those debatable refereeing calls went mostly for Villa not against them.

Anyway, it just shows that we are seen as a bigger club and that comes with bigger club pressure that we need to deal with and finally get over the line in a league or cup.
If we did win the League Cup, it would be 'It's only the League Cup.'
If we won the F A Cup, which I pray for every year, they couldn't wait to to gloat over our failure to build if we won nothing the next year.
If we were, God forbid, to win the League, they would never , ever forgive us.
And I would, love it, love it . . . :ange-lol:

To add to that, they are another sugar daddy club. Got taken over in a crisis, funded to the PL (like Leicester), and continued to receive free money from their owners. Villa have the 7th highest net spend in the last 5 years.

They've only been in the league for 3 years.

Woke ITV had 2 Arse-nil women, Ian Wright in studio, and Lee Dicks-on in commentary in their Tottenham-Burnley commentary. Sooner they get out of football altogether the better.

No sign of Harry Rednapp coz he's white, male, has charisma, and is Tottenham!

Back
Top Bottom