Messi - The greatest player ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably the most all round gifted, runs the midfield as well as scores goals like pele and Iniesta all in one player. So maybe yes, certainly think he is far better all round than Ronaldo.

Watched a lot of pele, great player, amazing finisher but the best player, not for me. Maradonna is closest to Messi but ruined his career to some degree, Zindane and Cruyff were amazing to watch but for all round consistent brilliance Messi is the best I have ever seen.

Last edited:
paulinho730v.jpg

Probably the most all round gifted, runs the midfield as well as scores goals like pele and Iniesta all in one player. So maybe yes, certainly think he is far better all round than Ronaldo.

Yes he is. He's been playing world class football for X amount of years straight and at least five of those years he's been out of this world. A shame he ran out of gas in the World Cup (QF and forward).

Messi has made players like Xavi and Iniesta appear as secondary. When Messi is "poor" he's still world class or on its fringes (see World Cup 2014 for example). When he retires we will all be glad to have been around for his and Ronaldo's era. He will be talked about as one of the greats for years and years.

Agree, comparing players from different era's is a futile exercise - all I would say is that if Maradona was afforded the same protection as Messi, It would be easier to judge. Always liked Cruyff myself.... :levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom