Messi - The greatest player ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably the most all round gifted, runs the midfield as well as scores goals like pele and Iniesta all in one player. So maybe yes, certainly think he is far better all round than Ronaldo.

Watched a lot of pele, great player, amazing finisher but the best player, not for me. Maradonna is closest to Messi but ruined his career to some degree, Zindane and Cruyff were amazing to watch but for all round consistent brilliance Messi is the best I have ever seen.
Maradona will always have a claim just because he dominated a WC Finals in a way no other player has. His impact at Napoli also speaks volumes as to what a difference he made. Bigger personality than Messi. Messi's longevity and numbers are ridiculous though. And his WC performance last year was superb.

Maradona will always have a claim just because he dominated a WC Finals
100%.

I always feel you can beat a Messi team, but Maradonna was just unstoppable, and in an era when you could virtually rugby tackle players and not get a red card. Very strong. Before scoring THAT goal v England he just ran through all the arms trying to foul-stop him. He won that WC pretty much single handed.

Would have made a great scrum half for Argentina. Fast, skillful, very strong, and with a massive boot on him. Could have been the GOAT in rugby too imo.

Back
Top Bottom