Messi - The greatest player ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just scored to break Pele's record of most goals for a single club.

749 games
644 goals
283 assists

No one thought that record would be broken - and I don't think we'll see Messi's broken in our lifetime.

749 games
644 goals
283 assists

No one thought that record would be broken - and I don't think we'll see Messi's broken in our lifetime.
Pele scored 526 of his goals in unofficial friendlies those 700 odd goals of his mostly came against literal who? football teams.

Pele the king of frauds should never even be mentioned in the same sentence as Messi it's insulting to the Argentinian.

749 games
644 goals
283 assists

A legitimate living legend.

It's insane that our very own Kane is in the orbit of this star.

To put that in context - for someone to beat that record they would have to score 43 goals a season for 15 years.... at one club.

And he isn't finished yet.

749 games
644 goals
283 assists

Insane numbers. I can't see any player matching that goals/assists per game ratio over a 15 year period again.

AE2-B2-C2-D-B929-4556-B3-BA-9-EB88-D336-E5-F.jpg

Pele by far the best player ever messi Ronaldo not in same league no protection for pele no heavy when wet leather ball no mud ladened pitches typically the millennials think that watching sky since the premier league is the only football that has ever been they don’t know names like puskas Alfredo di stefano even jimmy greaves Bobby charlt

Maradona is the king. Messi is the prince. Imagine you had a match involving the best 22 players of all time. In this game of games I would rather have Maradona in my team all day long.

Maradona is the king. Messi is the prince. Imagine you had a match involving the best 22 players of all time. In this game of games I would rather have Maradona in my team all day long.

True although over a season I would probably take Messi for consistency, at peak Maradona.

I'd agree with that at his best Maradona is the biggest footballing talent i've ever seen.

Messi (and Ronaldo) are amazing for their consistency but for a one-off game prime Diego would be the first player i'd pick.

I think Cristiano has had the better career in the last couple of years.

Possibly, but Barca are more reliant on Messi than Juv are on Ronaldo. Messi is not just the striker he is the midfield creating as well. That is why he is considered by most to be the better player, he can do more.

Back
Top Bottom