Messi - The greatest player ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, but I'm veggie so not my bag! Think the Vit C should be Liposomal, so not directly with Gelatin.

Used it as a supp for my daughter when young.
Ah okay cheers. Heard collagen does the job too but that gelatin was superior.

Not heard of the term Liposomal before. From a google I presume you absorb more instead of pissing it straight out?

Ah okay cheers. Heard collagen does the job too but that gelatin was superior.

Not heard of the term Liposomal before. From a google I presume you absorb more instead of pissing it straight out?

Yeah, it encapsulates it in lecithin (usually) and this allows it a straight bloodstream route, more or less, old forms are very iffy (Ascorbic Acid or the buffered choices) as your body will dump ascorbates or not absorb it from foods/fluids if your fluids fall below pH6.2 which is a tight gig.

Yeah, it encapsulates it in lecithin (usually) and this allows it a straight bloodstream route, more or less, old forms are very iffy (Ascorbic Acid or the buffered choices) as your body will dump ascorbates or not absorb it from foods/fluids if your fluids fall below pH6.2 which is a tight gig.

I've always thought 90% of standard products in health and fitness stores are bollocks that give you nothing but expensive piss/poo but now I feel like it's closer to 95% or more.

With regards to multi vits I heard that magnesium type is a good indication for quality, with magnesium oxide the cheapest form therefore making it likely the rest is trash? With magnesium citrate, aspartate, malate, or bisglycinate having much better bioavailability?

I was told the ideal multi has methylcobalamin instead of cyanocobalamin (apparently cobalamin bound with cyanide?!)

I've always thought 90% of standard products in health and fitness stores are bollocks that give you nothing but expensive piss/poo but now I feel like it's closer to 95% or more.

With regards to multi vits I heard that magnesium type is a good indication for quality, with magnesium oxide the cheapest form therefore making it likely the rest is trash? With magnesium citrate, aspartate, malate, or bisglycinate having much better bioavailability?

I was told the ideal multi has methylcobalamin instead of cyanocobalamin (apparently cobalamin bound with cyanide?!)

Always been iffy/off multi vits, until recently, Vit A has dubious forms in most, Vit C, Selenium, Iodine...(in minerals for the genetic code, the author shows a form commonly used of Vit A with another from Selenium, if memory serves, is a carcinogenic compound when they come together! Buy cheap, beware!!!) Also just felt it's not natural to get a spectrum of nutrients to absorb/digest and make use of all in one go, as you say most gets dumped, taxing the kidneys in the process.

My kids have them, I'm trying ones which are entirely fruit n veg extraction, for my daughters but I'm having some - Llama Naturals

Kelp (Norwegian) makes the Vit A bioavailable (important if anything high dose).

Magnesium is it's own topic (as is Calcium, Iodine etc etc).

You serious/semi serious athlete?

Always been iffy/off multi vits, until recently, Vit A has dubious forms in most, Vit C, Selenium, Iodine...(in minerals for the genetic code, the author shows a form commonly used of Vit A with another from Selenium, if memory serves, is a carcinogenic compound when they come together! Buy cheap, beware!!!) Also just felt it's not natural to get a spectrum of nutrients to absorb/digest and make use of all in one go, as you say most gets dumped, taxing the kidneys in the process.

My kids have them, I'm trying ones which are entirely fruit n veg extraction, for my daughters but I'm having some - Llama Naturals

Kelp (Norwegian) makes the Vit A bioavailable (important if anything high dose).

Magnesium is it's own topic (as is Calcium, Iodine etc etc).

You serious/semi serious athlete?

Those look appealing (llama). I notice adults can take them too but they're not specific for genders- or do you think that's all marketing bs?

Only an athlete recreationally, but I like to take it seriously and chase greatness (without my own team of sports scientists, physios and nutritionists sadly, bloody pampered footballers). When finances permit I'd love to try out a few things (various adaptogens nothing too unnatural). At the moment just using creatine, multivit (ADAM mens) and fish oil (high DHA and EPA), and trying to limit eating food which can't be killed or grown. Doing good on the fruit but poor on the veg :(

Pele congratulated Cristiano Ronaldo after the Portugal forward's hat-trick against Cagliari took him past the Brazilian legend's tally of goals scored in official matches.

Ronaldo netted three times inside the opening 32 minutes to take his career total to 770 - three clear of Pele's tally of 767.

Half of Pele's goals are against pub players in the 50s

However - his WC achievements will never be beaten, imv

Again, best ever club player quite possibly although....

Certainly greatest one-club player.

Best EVER Player - No.

Same argument as Kane for me but even higher grade.

Cometh the Biggest moment- for Messi and top top players and then the World Cup - Maradona or Pele.

Just has to be.

It hilarious how tournament that's every 4 years determinate who's best player ever.
But being on top level for 15 years is not.

Who has been this good for 15 straight years? Ronaldo is up there. No-one else.

That's far more important to me than WC where are so many things have to get together for someone to win it.

Back
Top Bottom