Messi - The greatest player ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What came through for me in that press conf is Poch will have a difficult job to potentially lift Messi. He's visibly disappointed, doesn't want to leave, almost broken. His talent is unmatched but on the mental side of the game, he will never have that desire and commitment to playing for PSG, that invisible unquantifiable element that defines the smaller margins at the elite level. It will be interesting to see how he settles outside familiar territory, new Club, new country. I wouldn't have seen it as an issue if he was younger but when that happens at the end of your career (he's 34) there's a risk that with a natural decline at this age that it might be accelerated or at least magnified if he's no longer playing with his heart. ????

E8WJM6YXoAUmhMd

E8WDmT9VIAcwMMk

E8WDmT-VoAc_F3n

E8WDmUeUYAIQiHB

I have been reliably informed that Paratici is in disguise as one of those Coppers, with a hood and gaffer tape in his back pocket and a car parked around the corner with the engine running.

Saw a headline today, from a major media outlet, that read "As Messi leaves Barcelona, another piece of football's magic is lost forever"

Da fuq?! He was making $170M/yr the past 4 years. He could play for Barcelona if he wanted to...he wants to maximize his income. Nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend he's leaving for any reason other than Barcelona can't afford him....the couldn't afford him the past 4 years either.

In my eyes he is the best, and by quite a margin. The way he can go past/through 5-6 opponents like he's playing against children... nobody else ever did that game after game, year after year. Ronaldo is a physical freak and he probably works harder than any other footballer out there, but Messi's flair and natural talent is unmatched. Maybe Ronaldinho had it for a brief period, and Maradona. Messi is a magician with the ball, and I doubt we will ever see another player like him in our lifetime. Really hope I'm wrong. I can't count the number of times I've watched Barca and he's made me go "what the fuck just happened?"

He's what a glitch in the matrix would look like on the pitch. Simply the best.

In my eyes he is the best, and by quite a margin. The way he can go past/through 5-6 opponents like he's playing against children... nobody else ever did that game after game, year after year. Ronaldo is a physical freak and he probably works harder than any other footballer out there, but Messi's flair and natural talent is unmatched. Maybe Ronaldinho had it for a brief period, and Maradona. Messi is a magician with the ball, and I doubt we will ever see another player like him in our lifetime. Really hope I'm wrong. I can't count the number of times I've watched Barca and he's made me go "what the fuck just happened?"

He's what a glitch in the matrix would look like on the pitch. Simply the best.
Other than his ball skills, his movement is unreal, as you hint with your Matrix analogy. It's like he teleports, always popping up in dangerous positions, yet almost never sprinting.

At least we'll be spared the 'childhood dream', 'can't wait to wear the shirt', 'so happy to be here' bullshit.

"Well, I had to play somewhere and thanks to your murdering, oil-stealing, women-hating sugar daddies, it's here."

Saw a headline today, from a major media outlet, that read "As Messi leaves Barcelona, another piece of football's magic is lost forever"

Da fuq?! He was making $170M/yr the past 4 years. He could play for Barcelona if he wanted to...he wants to maximize his income. Nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend he's leaving for any reason other than Barcelona can't afford him....the couldn't afford him the past 4 years either.

Someone said something today which I think is spot on:

"If the tears and histrionics are all about his Barca legacy, then why didn't he just semi-retire and go and play for Newell's Old Boys for a year or two.?".

"If the tears and histrionics are all about his Barca legacy, then why didn't he just semi-retire and go and play for Newell's Old Boys for a year or two.?".
Or he could negotiate with Levy , for the sums involved that will take him into retirement comfortably without kicking a ball

Or he could negotiate with Levy , for the sums involved that will take him into retirement comfortably without kicking a ball
Fuck me, negotiate with Levy?? If i had Messi's money, that is the last thing i would subject myself to.

Some things in life aren't worth the hassle, especially when you're practically a billionaire already.

He's lost his pull, he's just a member of a squad wherever he goes next. No vetoing signings, no telling the board who to sign or who he'll play with. He's just another player and he doesn't like that.

Iโ€™d piss myself if he doesnโ€™t go to P$G. Some fans have been waiting at the airport for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom