Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Against Sunderland, one thing we got right as a team was defending high balls. Dawson played his part. I feel at the moment the team is full of individuals trying hard to get it together. Dawson can not hold his own when isolated, he needs to be part of a team, a back 4. Once this happens and we jell as a team, he will improve i'm sure.
daws has his deficiencies .. possibly they outweigh his better values within the team.. but he's the latest in a long line of players where its the last thing that matters... he's spurs more than anything!.. whatever that means I really don't know but he's the latest in a long line that includes greats of spurs such as gary mabbut, ohh stevey stevey, cliff jones etc etc..
the performance Is not the whole picture,, the shirt means far more.

His game has limitations and is a liability at times

But like i said, he is very solid CB, perfect start for most fixtures and a great leader

I know you peops love to defend your fellow countrymen. a totally normally reaction, but I'm not attacking the man here. Just calling out his limitations
There are a few players in the Spurs team that have limitations, they are not the complete article. When they make the error, there are other players around them to support. CH is the most difficult position on the pitch for me (having played there) because you are on your own. You can't make a mistake, you are normally up against a powerful forward. You need to deal with crosses, able to tackle properly, read the game, play offside,usually given the captaincy and so on. No other position has so many elements.

daws has his deficiencies .. possibly they outweigh his better values within the team.. but he's the latest in a long line of players where its the last thing that matters... he's spurs more than anything!.. whatever that means I really don't know but he's the latest in a long line that includes greats of spurs such as gary mabbut, ohh stevey stevey, cliff jones etc etc..
the performance Is not the whole picture,, the shirt means far more.
Yes correct. Thats why I mentioned G Roberts. he would run through brick walls for THFC. he had his funny do days but I loved him. best player ever for me and look at the players Spurs have had over time.

Actually I was speaking to City and United involving a pacey technically strong attacking option.

Dawson is a big liability

With that said, he is still a very viable option for a majority of Spurs games and a great leader.
This kind of tosh is why I told you that you don't understand the game.
Dawson is NOT a big liability.
Gardner was a big liability, so was Davenport, but Dawson isn't
Learn the game - you do yourself no favours talking twaddle and joining bandwagons being put together by the ignorant.
I admit he isn't the best central defender at the club, but he's a good solid central defender who is definitely premier league quality - and he has pocketed Suarez in the past

If you cut Dawson he would bleed White an Navy Blue!

My all time die hard Spurs 11.........................

Pat Jennings (I know! But what a servant!)

Graham Roberts, Michael Dawson, Paul Miller, Cyrle Knowells

Steve Perryman

Sandro, Glenn Hoddle, Ossie Ardiles

Martin Chivers, Jermain Defoe.

Subs: Lewis Holtby, Justin Edinburgh, David Ginola, Clive Allen, Ralph Coates, Mickey Hazard. Paul Stewart!

Allow me some positional, licence ! There is, I know, no width! But this is a side about passion, not positions, (up to a point) a side that would die for the cause!

Feel free to "edit"!!!!

Coys!

Steve Perryman

Subs: Lewis Holtby, Justin Edinburgh, David Ginola, Clive Allen, Ralph Coates, Mickey Hazard. Paul Stewart!

Allow me some positional, licence ! There is, I know, no width! But this is a side about passion, not positions, (up to a point) a side that would die for the cause!

Feel free to "edit"!!!!

Coys!

Missing Stalteri and Hossam Ghaly..

Steve Perryman

Feel free to "edit"!!!!

Coys!

Splendid spelling of Cyril Knowles. Nice one.

Steve Perryman

Feel free to "edit"!!!!

Coys!
Forgetting someone eh?

:ledley:

Back
Top Bottom