Midfield whats the solution

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The weird thing is I don't think Winks or Sissoko are bad players per'se. They just are not holding players and never will be, the two together in one player might be useful though! Winks is very much a metronome player and would suit a continental game, particularly Italy. Sissoko is an energy player and all bustle so has his uses as someone to break play up and close a game down. They just don't fit our current starting system.

More Lo Celso and Ndombele. Less Winks and Sissoko.

Tonight we saw a Winks, Sissoko, Lucas situation, one that probably has a grand total of what 5-7 assists over the last 75 games? 5 assists across a collective 225 games I'm going to guess, hence the lack of service to those that can turn key passes into goals.

Keep Winks in there, add Ndombele for Sissoko and bring Lo Celso in for Lucas and give this time to breathe.

Tonight we saw a Winks, Sissoko, Lucas situation, one that probably has a grand total of what 5-7 assists over the last 75 games? 5 assists across a collective 225 games I'm going to guess, hence the lack of service to those that can turn key passes into goals.

Keep Winks in there, add Ndombele for Sissoko and bring Lo Celso in for Lucas and give this time to breathe.

Have we gone

Kane
Son Dele Lo Celso
Ndombele Whoever

One single time yet? That's the attack we scouted and paid for in the summer.

Winks-Sissoko stinks as a pairing, they have stunk as a pairing for over a year now, they continue to stink now.

We need a proper DM, that's the only way this is going to get fixed.

Ndombele must start, no ifs or buts, he was great when he came on tonight and actually looked fit for once.

Winks, whilst he has the heart and drive is just bang average imo, not good enough .

Personally think it should be Dier and Ndombele right now, Dier as the holding DM and Ndombele as the roaming mid with licence to drive forward.

If Dier can't improve by the end of the season we need to purchase an outright DM imo.

It's quite impressive how we have managed to collect so many midfielders that can't actually tackle and pass a ball forwards to a team mate

In the Premier League & Champions League:

Last 4 seasons with us.....2 assists (average of 0.5 assists per season)

4th season with us.... 11 assists (averages just over 2.5 assists per season)

Last 4 seasons with us..... 11 assists (average of just over 2.5 assists per season)

Last 4 seasons with us......11 assists (average of just over 2.5 assists per season)

3 seasons with us..... 10 assists (average of 3.3 assists per season)

2.5 seasons with us.....4 assists (average of 1.5-1.75 assits per season)

All in all we have crucial positions who simply put don't create enough for others. This, coinciding with an ageing defence sees us score less and ship more.

These 6 guys on average contributed what one Liverpool Full Back did in assists last season, not even their best full back either.

Last edited:
I'll get your coat

(couldn't find a gif of that saying, so have this one of a cute cat)

iu
Thanks, I normally use this short You Tube clip....

At the moment with our limited options it has to be Dier with N'Dombele.

A CDM will no doubt be high on Joses shopping list if Dier can't get back to form.

we are stuck until the transfer window opens when we need a true DM
Winks not strong enough and doesn't sense the danger
Dier out of form, not mobile now
Ndombele still not fit
could Foyth drop in to DM position ?

Have we gone

Kane
Son Dele Lo Celso
Ndombele Whoever

One single time yet? That's the attack we scouted and paid for in the summer.

That's the midfield/ attack I'd go for yes. The question is how many minutes have we seen all of those on at the same time in any given game? I genuinely wouldn't be shocked if that number was 0 which is the issue we face. Half way through a season and I actually don't think I've seen a mid/forward line that resembles that yet.

Back
Top Bottom