Midfield whats the solution

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We were so spoiled by Dembele.
We were more spoiled when we had Modric ,
even more with Hoddle and Gazza.
That was like having a bottle of Yukon Jack every
Sat night all to yourself with bannock and peameal bacon.
Dembele 2017 was very very good but not world class and we miss him.
Today Winks ,Sissoko are a real ultra downgrade
and lack any ability to control or influence games dude .

Still not sold on Wilmar. He is one hell of a destroyer, but he is very limited outside his work rate and tackling.
I would prefer someone with a bit more vision and dribbling ability.

From the little I have seen of Wilmar he is very simple. Wanyama is twice the footballer he is when it comes to spreading that ball around and we all no Vic was no Xavi out there.

The kid at Benfica, Luis, is someone we should take a chance on.

have you seen him recently at Zenit? He has really improved his dribbling and passing.

i don’t know much about Luis at Benfica. Age and likely price?

We need 2 DMs and at least one CM.

The options should look like this

-new DM
new DM
-Ndombele
-new CM

Wanyama - kick him out of the club
Winks - find any champo club willing to match his wage
Dier - just let him leave for free if there is no willing buyer
Sissoko - send him to China

At the moment with our limited options it has to be Dier with N'Dombele.

A CDM will no doubt be high on Joses shopping list if Dier can't get back to form.
I agree. We need someone who is world class and that means buying someone. I remember Mourinho saying, just after his appointment, that he didn't need to spend money. That's a bit worrying - I hope he's changed his mind.

have you seen him recently at Zenit? He has really improved his dribbling and passing.

i don’t know much about Luis at Benfica. Age and likely price?

I haven't so I woul have to take your word for it. Watched the Columbia v Argentina game that everyone raved about and he certainly put a stop to many attacks and handled Messi a few times. But he also was a bit lazy with some passes that immediately put his team under the pressure again.

Luis is 20 I believe and would cost a pretty penny since it's the Portuguese league. He reminds me of Ndidi who I think is far better than Wilmar.

I haven't so I woul have to take your word for it. Watched the Columbia v Argentina game that everyone raved about and he certainly put a stop to many attacks and handled Messi a few times. But he also was a bit lazy with some passes that immediately put his team under the pressure again.

Luis is 20 I believe and would cost a pretty penny since it's the Portuguese league. He reminds me of Ndidi who I think is far better than Wilmar.

being so young, is Luis ready to step up and lead the DM position of a PL side targeting a top 4 finish plus UCL ambitions?

Wilmar Barrios has bossed Messi and other super stars in competitive settings. I can live with a superb defensive stopper with somewhat limited passing and dribbling skills short term until we find a super star.

Keep Skipp, Winks, Ndombele as pure CMs, Dier as long as he's happy being a squad player. Sadly we'll be losing beefy depth if that's the case so at the very least 1 top DM is required to get us up to scratch, possibly 2 or another CM to balance it out.

Zakaria, Berge or Diawara and I'd also bring that Camavinga in long term as well. 2 out of these 4 get the nod and I'm still confused why we didn't go for Diawara after eyeing him up for so long. Bloke need up at Roma for £20m surely it was worth a punt!

Back
Top Bottom