MIDFIELD!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do you want me to change my mind on something that I absolutely definitely believe in? Why are you so triggered by this? Do you go to bed at night with it weighing heavy on your mind?

I think Emerson is more than OK. I think he's far better than Reggie, better with the ball and better without it, thus more dominant down his flank. I think he's shown this in almost every game he's played. Reading this it would appear that you interpret this as he's peak TAA, which would be absurd but it's what I'm used to in this forum, absolutely zero nuance and context just measure everything by two extremes and absolutely nothing in between.

Just like your interpretation of me "blaming Sanchez" what a fucking take!!! Absolutely absurd! I have praised Sanchez, one of the only posters to regularly do so, I praised in my comments above too. So no, I'm NOT blaming anything on Sanchez. I'm making direct reference that Romero is better than Sanchez, if you want to disagree with that then the floor is all yours, not sure I could keep a straight face though.

With Romero back we will build attacks far better down our right-hand side, simply because Romero is a better footballer and is way way, way better passer of the ball than Sanchez. He's also far more progressive (even before Tottenham) and has shown this under Nuno too, it means as sure as night follows day that he will be looking to bring the ball out of defence and/or do as Davies is and has been doing down the left which is to under/overlap with the fullback (Reggie). (The ONLY time Sanchez has seen to do this is against a 9 man low-bock late into the game or has remained up the pitch following a corner or set piece that has been played into the box. This will absolutely help Emerson, who has NOT had the benefit that Reggie has enjoyed with Davies linking with him or creating the space with these over/underlapping runs.

Also, with Romero back he will give Dier even more time on the ball than he enjoys when Sanchez plays. Dier has a great range of passing, he’s just not great at dealing with pressure particularly from the side and behind (this has always been his weakness, easily pressed into a mistake no matter what position he's played). Under Poch he played 6 but dropped into the 1st line to give him space to play. Conte has seen this, and is immediately using his qualities. Romero will give him even more time and thus his distribution from the back will improve a few % from what is already quite good.

It is absolutely vital to how Conte plays that it starts from the back, loads and loads of positional automation at play, if plays ours & oppo are not where we want or need them, then he goes back and starts over. The importance of this is to have defenders on the ball who can pass into feet, both diag out to FB's/WB's or vertically to players coming short. Our defence was taking shape nicely just when Romero got injured. Sanchez has been solid in his absence but we've totally missed any build-up structure from him, or at least a sustained and repeatable presence from him (he has been involved in the build-up in a great peak Conte goal a month or so ago that saw us move the ball back to front with one-two touches through the thirds).

Go ahead and disagree with any of this and I'll do my best to try not to laugh out loud.

you can "laugh out loud" all you want but your overall conclusion is baffling to say the least.

Going by your second paragraph you believe Emerson is better with the ball, without the balls, is more dominant than Reggie and has shown it in every game lol. If this is the case why is it absolutely obvious Conte is looking to upgrade on the RWB role and seems perfectly content with the other side?

You can claim you rate Sanchez and defend him as much as you want. The fact is, you are attributing a lot of Emerson's inability to attack/Cross on Sanchez's movement (whilst at the same time still claiming how good Emerson is).

you can "laugh out loud" all you want but your overall conclusion is baffling to say the least.

Going by your second paragraph you believe Emerson is better with the ball, without the balls, is more dominant than Reggie and has shown it in every game lol. If this is the case why is it absolutely obvious Conte is looking to upgrade on the RWB role and seems perfectly content with the other side?

You can claim you rate Sanchez and defend him as much as you want. The fact is, you are attributing a lot of Emerson's inability to attack/Cross on Sanchez's movement (whilst at the same time still claiming how good Emerson is).
Because we ONLY have Emerson who can play on the right as RB/RWB!!!!! (It's fairly certain that Doherty is not wanted, he barely gets mins even when available. When he has played recently it's been on the LEFT!!! Absolutely LOADS of links and reports to back this up)

On the left, we have Reggie, Davies & Sess all LB's/LWB's (and in the last two games Doherty!!!!)

Please link me to any story I may have missed that links Emerson away from the Club?

We need another RB/RWB 100% because we don't have another. That's why we are in the market for another!!!! No surprise that we've had Paskotsi (who I think is really sound prospect) on the bench the other night to cover the position, him being the ONLY other player we have for that position (AND NO SANCHEZ IS NOT A RB!!)

NO! I'm attributing a BETTER attack down the right when Romero playing instead of Sanchez.

Who's the better player Sanchez or Romero?

Because we ONLY have Emerson who can play on the right as RB/RWB!!!!! (It's fairly certain that Doherty is not wanted, he barely gets mins even when available. When he has played recently it's been on the LEFT!!! Absolutely LOADS of links and reports to back this up)

On the left, we have Reggie, Davies & Sess all LB's/LWB's (and in the last two games Doherty!!!!)

Please link me to any story I may have missed that links Emerson away from the Club?

We need another RB/RWB 100% because we don't have another. That's why we are in the market for another!!!! No surprise that we've had Paskotsi (who I think is really sound prospect) on the bench the other night to cover the position, him being the ONLY other player we have for that position (AND NO SANCHEZ IS NOT A RB!!)

NO! I'm attributing a BETTER attack down the right when Romero playing instead of Sanchez.

Who's the better player Sanchez or Romero?
what on earth are you rambling on about???

we have just many right wing backs as we do left wing backs. Doherty is admittedly shite but he is a natural RWB . We have 2 players that can play on each side in Contes preferred formation.

If conte rated Emerson higher than Reggie we would be targeting a LWB ...as simple as that. Its clear he does not rate Emerson as a starting RWB hence we are looking for improvement in that position. If Emerson was rated (as a starter) we would be looking for cheaper options as cover whilst shipping out Doherty rather then players like Traore or Lamptey.

Conte sees this, fans see this, ex players see this yet you don't.

what on earth are you rambling on about???

we have just many right wing backs as we do left wing backs. Doherty is admittedly shite but he is a natural RWB . We have 2 players that can play on each side in Contes preferred formation.

If conte rated Emerson higher than Reggie we would be targeting a LWB ...as simple as that. Its clear he does not rate Emerson as a starting RWB hence we are looking for improvement in that position. If Emerson was rated (as a starter) we would be looking for cheaper options as cover whilst shipping out Doherty rather then players like Traore or Lamptey.

Conte sees this, fans see this, ex players see this yet you don't.
Doherty doesn't play!!!! When he has got mins he's been played on the LEFT!!!! We are trying to actively sell him, he's NOT wanted, he's transfer-listed!!!! What part of this isn't true or you don't agree with?

We want an ADDITIONAL RWB/RB because with Doherty not wanted it means we only have ONE RB/RWB and that's Emerson. What part of this isn't true or you don't agree with?
You still haven't posted any links to Emerson being linked away from the Club like Doherty is, where are they?

I don't know whether Conte rates Reggie higher than Emerson or visa versa, I've made no such determination or guesswork. It is I that rates Emerson above Reggie and I have detailed my reasoning why. I've absolutely NO IDEA of Contes's views on the matter.

We have on the books in the first team THREE LWB's/LB's (Davies, Reggie & Sess). We have on the books in the first team TWO RB's/RWB's (Emerson & Doherty). Doherty is NOT wanted and is currently transfer listed (if reports are to be believed). That would leave ONE, Emerson. This is why we require/looking for another RB/RWB.

By being in the market for a new RB/RWB I would hope that we are targeting the best one we can possibly get, I hope he's even better than Emerson!! (If we are targeting a new Striker then I would want us to target the best striker we can possibly get, even better or as good as Kane - I would same the same for every position).

How hard is it for this not to be understood?

I miss this!!!

it's not his passing that made him a top player, it was the vision for the pass
he could see what was possible and put the ball there
if you watch our players now (other than Kane) they look then look again and sometimes look a third time before passing, that space/movement has gone by then

Back
Top Bottom