Mido

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BeXy4wBCcAEo_hO.png

Good comeback tbh (might be posted elsewhere in this thread)

Nice.

He’s said a lot of positive things about us in recent years.

I actually went to Egypt when Mido and Ghaly were playing for us. That was a weird experience. Wandering around Luxor seeing Spurs shirts everywhere. We weren’t doing very well at that point, but walking through the markets it felt like we were the biggest team in the world.

Managed to find a place showing Woolwich v Woolwich (we lost 3-0), and as a real English Spurs fan actually in Egypt I was treated like royalty. Right up to the point when I called Mido a useless lump.

Nice.

He’s said a lot of positive things about us in recent years.

I actually went to Egypt when Mido and Ghaly were playing for us. That was a weird experience. Wandering around Luxor seeing Spurs shirts everywhere. We weren’t doing very well at that point, but walking through the markets it felt like we were the biggest team in the world.

Managed to find a place showing Woolwich v Woolwich (we lost 3-0), and as a real English Spurs fan actually in Egypt I was treated like royalty. Right up to the point when I called Mido a useless lump.

I remember reading that Mido sold the most shirts of any player worldwide when he was with us - but that they were all fake copies of the actual shirt so the club made no extra money.

Mido is a hero

Played for Gent and Spurs but that's not the only reason, his personality is fantastic. The stories about him i've read, seen and heard ...

But he did something for Gent at the age of 17 that was baffling in football and very rare. He actually signed a contract with us at the age of 18 even if he wasnt obliged to and could leave on a free. His agent pushed him to do that but he and his father wouldn't have it, they signed, we sold him for a lot of money (for us) and he played a fantastic season in one of the worst teams we had in 20 years. He did everything on his own, so much talent, so incredibly gifted but completely mad

Last edited:
Mido: It's my dream to manage Tottenham in the Premier League

Mido spent 18 months with Spurs from 2005-2007, scoring 19 times in 61 appearances.

He retired from football at the age of 30 and has since had management spells with Egyptian sides Zamalek, Ismaily and Wadi Degla.

Speaking on the Soccer AM podcast, he said: "I would love to manage Tottenham one day, that's my dream - to manage in the Premier League and to manage Tottenham.

"It's not easy because I am not English, but I am trying to make the right steps and the right education, maybe I will try to be an assistant somewhere for two or three years and then see what happens.

"I know it's not easy but my dream is to be Tottenham manager."

Mido left Spurs in 2007 to join Middlesbrough and says that is one of the biggest regrets of his career.

"Leaving Tottenham was one of the worst decisions I made.

"I had the chance to stay and I decided to go to Middlesbrough. I wished I could have stayed longer, but as a person if I didn't play for three or four games I was going crazy. I knew if I stayed and didn't play I would get in trouble. It was a difficult decision and if I decided now I would have stayed."

:chadliwtf:

Ha. I would also like to make public that I would take the Tottenham manager job if offered it.

Mido spent 18 months with Spurs from 2005-2007, scoring 19 times in 61 appearances.

He retired from football at the age of 30 and has since had management spells with Egyptian sides Zamalek, Ismaily and Wadi Degla.

Speaking on the Soccer AM podcast, he said: "I would love to manage Tottenham one day, that's my dream - to manage in the Premier League and to manage Tottenham.

"It's not easy because I am not English, but I am trying to make the right steps and the right education, maybe I will try to be an assistant somewhere for two or three years and then see what happens.

"I know it's not easy but my dream is to be Tottenham manager."

Mido left Spurs in 2007 to join Middlesbrough and says that is one of the biggest regrets of his career.

"Leaving Tottenham was one of the worst decisions I made.

"I had the chance to stay and I decided to go to Middlesbrough. I wished I could have stayed longer, but as a person if I didn't play for three or four games I was going crazy. I knew if I stayed and didn't play I would get in trouble. It was a difficult decision and if I decided now I would have stayed."

:chadliwtf:

Back
Top Bottom