Mido

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Douchebag. He may have made money, but that's no huge achievement for a footballer. Wasted his talent through a poor attitude and poor care of his body. Couldn't even hold down a long contract with a club. Had he been a bit more mature then I think his talent would have taken him further, and that money he's talking about would likely have been double what it is and he'd probably still be earning now.

Not the best player but loved his celebration in front of the Pikeys..........they then chanted that he was a shoe bomber then went all sheepish and quiet when he signed for them.:vert:

*Sigh*
Care to enlighten us?

His record is second to none.

images

Oh wait, but what about Cavani...

images

FUCK! But he did call Hoddle right...

images

Mido: Former Spurs forward sacked by Zamalek after 37 days
_88193922_mido.jpg

Mido had spells as a player with Spurs, Middlesbrough, Roma, Ajax and Marseille
Former Tottenham and Middlesbrough forward Mido has been sacked as the coach of Zamalek for a second time after only 37 days in charge of the Egyptian champions.

The 32-year-old, who had a six-month spell in charge in 2014, was re-appointed on 4 January.

He won his first four games, but a draw and a defeat was followed by a 2-0 loss to arch-rivals Al Ahly on Tuesday.

That left Ahly seven points clear of Zamalek at the top of the table.

Mohamed Salah takes over as interim coach while the club looks to recruit a foreign boss.

Director of football Hazem Emam, who was appointed at the same time as Mido, has also been dismissed.

Mido, who took over from Brazilian coach Marcos Paqueta, is the third coach sacked by Zamalek this season following the dismissals of Jesualdo Ferreira and Paqueta.

Mido retired from playing in 2013 and took on his first coaching role at Zamalek in January 2014.

During his first season in charge, Zamalek finished third in the league and secured a place in last year's Confederation Cup.

He also won the Egypt Cup, making him the youngest Egyptian manager to win a major trophy.

He was replaced in July 2014 by Hossam Hassan following some modest results and differences with the club management.

Fuck me. He's fatter than I was....and still just 32. I can see why players may not necessarily be inspired by a young who can't even stay fit, despite his professional upbringing.

Nice.

He’s said a lot of positive things about us in recent years.

I actually went to Egypt when Mido and Ghaly were playing for us. That was a weird experience. Wandering around Luxor seeing Spurs shirts everywhere. We weren’t doing very well at that point, but walking through the markets it felt like we were the biggest team in the world.

Managed to find a place showing Woolwich v Woolwich (we lost 3-0), and as a real English Spurs fan actually in Egypt I was treated like royalty. Right up to the point when I called Mido a useless lump.

Nice.

He’s said a lot of positive things about us in recent years.

I actually went to Egypt when Mido and Ghaly were playing for us. That was a weird experience. Wandering around Luxor seeing Spurs shirts everywhere. We weren’t doing very well at that point, but walking through the markets it felt like we were the biggest team in the world.

Managed to find a place showing Woolwich v Woolwich (we lost 3-0), and as a real English Spurs fan actually in Egypt I was treated like royalty. Right up to the point when I called Mido a useless lump.

I remember reading that Mido sold the most shirts of any player worldwide when he was with us - but that they were all fake copies of the actual shirt so the club made no extra money.

Back
Top Bottom