Mighty Spurs vs AS Roma. Il derby di Totti

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's playing in the same position Eriksen does whenever we play 3 at the back. Centrally.

It'll clearly be:

Vorm
Carter-Vickers - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Trippier.......,,,,,,,,,,....Dier........Dembele...............Walker-Peters
Onomah...........Alli
Kane
As that mimics how we played last season but with Onomah being used as the creativity in the attacking role instead of Eriksen.

Maybe Pochettino realises Onomah is no where near Dier, Dembele, Wanyama or Winks and simply wants him to strengthen himself in other positions (wide or further forward) because he feels he probably has more chance there? What's the point playing him centrally when he's our fifth choice central midfielder?
Just like to see him in his natural position.
hes played there many times and everyone has said he's cack. I defended him and said it's not his position. Low and behold people saw his ability in the WC.
Well never know if he could do the job of Dier. Whenever I have seen him play, for the youth or England he's always played centrally, and looked good.
Like Oakley Boothe.
Yet they both are played out wide for Spurs as it's a problem position.
I'm all for them getting a chance of course.

Just like to see him in his natural position.
hes played there many times and everyone has said he's cack.
Well never know if he could do the job of Dier. Whenever I have seen him play, for the youth or England he's always played centrally, and looked good.
Like Oakley Boothe.
Yet they both are played out wide for Spurs as it's a problem position.
I'm all for them getting a chance of course.

To be fair, he's RARELY played centrally for us at all. Whenever he's come off the bench (mostly in 2015) he's usually floated centrally and was pretty good, but whenever he seems to start games, Pochettino doesn't tend to trust him in the same way he trusts Winks and puts him on the wing.

I have no doubt he could be a star playing behind the striker alongside Alli or Eriksen - I personally think the same as you that he SHOULD play deeper and play in central midfield alongside Dier/Wanyama/Dembele but I'm not going to complain that he's in a more forward role as I've never ever seen him start there for the first team.

To be fair, he's RARELY played centrally for us at all. Whenever he's come off the bench (mostly in 2015) he's usually floated centrally and was pretty good, but whenever he seems to start games, Pochettino doesn't tend to trust him in the same way he trusts Winks and puts him on the wing.

I have no doubt he could be a star playing behind the striker alongside Alli or Eriksen - I personally think the same as you that he SHOULD play deeper and play in central midfield alongside Dier/Wanyama/Dembele but I'm not going to complain that he's in a more forward role as I've never ever seen him start there for the first team.
No, but he has in all other teams.
Dier was dreadful the other night. When Onomah, like you say, drifted inside centrally for 15-20 mins we suddenly looked like we had a central midfield.
Wanyama came on for Dier we looked a different outfit entirely centrally.
It would have been good to see Onomah alongside Dembele from the off.
See if he has got it. You can't make up your mind if you don't see it after al.
It seems for the foreseeable future we won't know

No, but he has in all other teams.
Dier was dreadful the other night. When Onomah, like you say, drifted inside centrally for 15-20 mins we suddenly looked like we had a central midfield.
Wanyama came on for Dier we looked a different outfit entirely centrally.
It would have been good to see Onomah alongside Dembele from the off.

He's usually first choice in those other teams though. If Pochettino doesn't think he's good enough to be starting games in central midfield at the moment, he isn't;going to start him there in a friendly with 2 weeks until the start of the season.

He's usually first choice in those other teams though. If Pochettino doesn't think he's good enough to be starting games in central midfield at the moment, he isn't;going to start him there in a friendly with 2 weeks until the start of the season.
No, I get that,
He has better intuition than me.

Back
Top Bottom