Mighty Spurs Vs South London Nomads @ The Library

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's delusional to blame the referee for losing yesterday, they were way, way better than us in every position and that's why they beat us.

If a Real Madrid fan came on here howling about the ref being at fault for us spanking them at Wembley, not calling Trippier's offside, he'd be laughed off the internet and rightly so

Maybe - but a team (all not just us) always seems to concede when a free kick or corner is given incorrectly.

As soon as he gave that the game was gone, everyone in the stadium knew it.

Dele's been mostly crap before his injury, he doesn't have enough in his locker to be much better. Very overrated.

Crap is just plain being cunty. Not found peak form yet would be how I would put it.
Even in his poorer games his flicks or passes have helped set up goals.
Overrated? Last season after a slow start he went on and scored 23 goals overall / 18 PL goals.
In any league that is brilliant, there are strikers who would kill to score that many goals.
Hasn't been helped this season by this agent situation. He is still young, no need to write him off FFS.

Crap is just plain being cunty. Not found peak form yet would be how I would put it.
Even in his poorer games his flicks or passes have helped set up goals.
Overrated? Last season after a slow start he went on and scored 23 goals overall / 18 PL goals.
In any league that is brilliant, there are strikers who would kill to score that many goals.
Hasn't been helped this season by this agent situation. He is still young, no need to write him off FFS.

No he must be over rated, his 2 goals against Chelsea last season and Madrid this season were just fluke......
should deffo sell him ...........
I mean why should we get behind our team when they aren't at there best, anyone who doesn't perform to a 10/10 standard in every game should be sold!:pochfacepalm:

No he must be over rated, his 2 goals against Chelsea last season and Madrid this season were just fluke......
should deffo sell him ...........
I mean why should we get behind our team when they aren't at there best, anyone who doesn't perform to a 10/10 standard in every game should be sold!:pochfacepalm:
Top scoring midfielder since his debut in PL. 21 years old. Nah, not for me.
:dembele:

Top scoring midfielder since his debut in PL. 21 years old. Nah, not for me.
:dembele:

To be honest I have only been this patient thus far as he only cost us 5 mil......ts not all about goals you know! :nawty:And to be honest even at 5 mill I think we would be lucky to be able to break even when we cash in on him in the summer! :angryscouser:

Doesn’t feel that bad when you realize city will likely win the league anyway so focusing on top 4 and getting as deep as possible in champions is priority
If someone had said top 4 before a ball was kicked, playing our “home” games at wembley, most would have taken that happily. I certainly still would. Collectively, it went wrong yesterday. No point in singling out players. The ref has as much to do with the result as anything Woolwich did better than us. Their first attempt on target came from a free kick that wasn’t plus an offside thrown in. And they scored.
I also think that we have an eye on the next round of the CL , & winning the group means a theoretically easier tie in the first knockout round.
Yesterday is best forgotten ASAP. It didn’t look like Spurs out there, but the Scum didn’t look like scoring until Dean & his assistants had two brain farts inside a minute.

It's delusional to blame the referee for losing yesterday, they were way, way better than us in every position and that's why they beat us.

If a Real Madrid fan came on here howling about the ref being at fault for us spanking them at Wembley, not calling Trippier's offside, he'd be laughed off the internet and rightly so
No they weren't, that's not good analysis at all. They got hugely lucky through a combination of refereeing errors, and combined with the second goal it turned the game over to them. The result I'm not going to argue with, because we didn't take our chances, but we had them and squandered them, along with the chance of taking the game.
Better overall I wouldn't disagree with - but your analysis suggests a complete drubbing - and that didn't happen.

Woolwich were better than us yesterday.....and it still hurts. Not miles better; they didn’t spank us but (inexplicably) they ‘appeared’ to want it more than our players. Perhaps Arsene left newspapers laying around which implied - for most of the week - that THFC had dethroned AFC; that we were light years ahead of them; that only a couple of their players would get into our side.

I fucking hate all that Press shit. I think some of fans felt that sense of entitlement and dare I say it, hubris in the days leading up to the NLD. It seemed so on here too. We would hope that our players were and are too professional for those mind games to work but who knows?

What happened had been variously described as a ‘road bump’ or blip by some posters on here. Onwards and upwards ‘project’ Tottenham etc. While I think that level is support is commendable and agree that now isn’t the time to start ‘melting’ it is a cause for concern that we have a piss poor record away at the other top 6 sides; that we don’t appear to know our strongest XI; and that a lack of apparent motivation has to be addressed by the manager and his deputies. Im not trying to undermine Poch and the team here but no one is beyond criticism.

I just hope we don’t have too many more of these Man U/Woolwich type performances that are so hard to take and to understand...

As for the ‘blip’. I can’t view it such. This result will rankle until we get the chance to exact our revenge. Fucking Gooner shit cunts

Maybe we were just starting to get used to the feeling of confidence, of being better than these cunts. Yesterday was horrible because it felt like right back to the days when they used to turn us over like this regularly, right down to the shit decisions, that awful feeling of inevitability. When the dust settles though I think we'll realize it isn't like that. Our progress is real, whilst they are still in the doldrums. The fact they treated the win like a cup final says everything about where they are now. We have to smash them at Wembley though.

Shit match, shit result. Just looking forward to Dortmund now.

And what a shit run up to the NLD. International break partly to blame. And I never want to see another "combined XI" again. Pointless bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom