Mighty Spurs Vs South London Nomads @ The Library

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The match felt even to me overall but that was my worry. We didn’t dominate. Tactically we were not as penetrating, but neither were they. They got some shit lucky calls and we got the short end of it.

It pisses me off to no end but I am moving on. We will crush them at Wembley.

COYS

Still fucked off. Surely the FA realise that every single fucking time Mike Dean referees a game, he is the main talking point? That's no fucking good whatsoever, send him down to the championship along with those West Spam dickheads.

Still fucked off. How can only two players (Hugo and Sanchez) turn up for a NLD???
And even Hugo was uncharacteristically hesitant for the second. Whether or not Lacazette was offside, normally Hugo comes out & collects that one. Maybe he was worried about Dean giving a penalty but it looked like he started to come out, changed his mind, back peddled & put himself off balance.
Truth is, for all their “dominance” they didn’t look like scoring til Dean gifted them 2 assists to score their first, & that rocked us. We just didn’t have the energy/fitness reserves to bounce back on the day. Harry looked a shell of his normal self & perhaps it was a mistake starting him?

Upwards & onwards now. Dwelling on this match won’t help anyone.

I don’t care about that. Yes he pops up at the right time. Scores goals. He’s a great player. But today. Shit. And he has been for time.

if he wasn't so marketable he wouldn't play at all. he will be kept for another year or two i think, definitely beyond the new stadium opening. He can be class when he wants and when he keeps things simple. So many chances to play the ball in but just overdoes it. This season its only in the Madrid game that I've thought he had a class performance. The whole agent thing and the celebrity lifestyle (presenting an award at MTV awards show) has gone completely to his head.

The scum fans do make me laugh talking about Kane and Alli going missing, whereas sanchez/ozil been missing the entire season APART from that 1 game. Deluded morons, lets see the look on their face when they leave for fuck all and sign early contracts for different teams. Great performance by both for the shop window. Do they really think they did it for the team?!

when game goes away from you. its so hard to pull it back .It slipped away without much effort on their part. It was one of them bas days at the office. I know another day different result.

Had some time to get over the result now, that's always the hardest part.

We live in a world now that crucifies any top 6 team when they lose a game and it becomes crisis season no matter who the opposition were. The fact is not many Top 6 sides beat their competitors away from home, all teams up their game for the big clashes and any good side playing at home should be capable of beating anyone if they play above themselves (We comfortably beat Madrid, Dortmund and Liverpool at home). The fact is if we win the next couple we will be flavour of the month again, its just how it goes.

This was not the Men vs Boys result that Gooners want to believe, they were the better side but created very little until they were gifted the first goal by bad decisions from the officials. They had chances late on when we were pushing forward but they were not all over us like they want you to believe. For a men against boys performance go back and re-watch the game in May, we created guilt edge chances from the opening minutes and they didn't get anywhere near our goal for the whole 90.

The game came at a bad time for us with the niggles we've had to Lloris, Jan, Kane, Winks, Dembele, Alli plus Eriksen playing 2 massively important games in the prior week for his country and Toby/Lamela/Wanyama not being involved at all. If we were playing a less important game on Saturday I expect the lineup would have been very different.

That being said, there's no getting away from the fact we were poor. However the one thing I love about this Poch team is they seem to learn from mistakes and react pretty well to adversity. The gap between us and them is 1 point currently, by Christmas we will have extended that, I am absolutely sure of that. But to be honest we are way better than a side who should be concerned about the points difference between us and our rivals, the title may be past us, hopefully not, but I expect we will still have our fair share of glorious moments/performances between now and May.

Had some time to get over the result now, that's always the hardest part.

We live in a world now that crucifies any top 6 team when they lose a game and it becomes crisis season no matter who the opposition were. The fact is not many Top 6 sides beat their competitors away from home, all teams up their game for the big clashes and any good side playing at home should be capable of beating anyone if they play above themselves (We comfortably beat Madrid, Dortmund and Liverpool at home). The fact is if we win the next couple we will be flavour of the month again, its just how it goes.

This was not the Men vs Boys result that Gooners want to believe, they were the better side but created very little until they were gifted the first goal by bad decisions from the officials. They had chances late on when we were pushing forward but they were not all over us like they want you to believe. For a men against boys performance go back and re-watch the game in May, we created guilt edge chances from the opening minutes and they didn't get anywhere near our goal for the whole 90.

The game came at a bad time for us with the niggles we've had to Lloris, Jan, Kane, Winks, Dembele, Alli plus Eriksen playing 2 massively important games in the prior week for his country and Toby/Lamela/Wanyama not being involved at all. If we were playing a less important game on Saturday I expect the lineup would have been very different.

That being said, there's no getting away from the fact we were poor. However the one thing I love about this Poch team is they seem to learn from mistakes and react pretty well to adversity. The gap between us and them is 1 point currently, by Christmas we will have extended that, I am absolutely sure of that. But to be honest we are way better than a side who should be concerned about the points difference between us and our rivals, the title may be past us, hopefully not, but I expect we will still have our fair share of glorious moments/performances between now and May.

Quoted for emphasis cos sometimes a 'like' is not enough.

Sissoko turned up aswell I'd say. It's funny because when he has a good game nobody seems to give a massive fuck, but when he plays bad, everyone scapegoats him.
100% this mate.

Hugo bottled the goal IMO. Winks did more in 30 mins than most did in 90. Didn't think trippier was bad either. Dembele didn't get on the ball enough. Rest were shit.

Still havent bothered to watch any highlights or anything from the 2nd half. Game started just after midnight for me and I had to get up early, so once they scored the second I was done. I was fucking still heated from that bs call on sanchez, and still am. Changed the whole complexion really.

Still havent bothered to watch any highlights or anything from the 2nd half. Game started just after midnight for me and I had to get up early, so once they scored the second I was done. I was fucking still heated from that bs call on sanchez, and still am. Changed the whole complexion really.

Best left that way. There's nothing to see.

Still fucked off. How can only two players (Hugo and Sanchez) turn up for a NLD???

Hugo Sanchez turned up for the North London derby??

111237.jpg

#onefortheteenagers

I still cant make out where this power shift talk has come from?. Its all been blown out of proportion by the media massively because weve been playing well lately. Going into the game i was confident that we could beat them lot because of what we are capable of doing to teams. It just didnt work out as planned on that day with some players carrying a few injuries or tiredness after midweek internationals thats all. every team has an off day here and there. it just hurt more cause it was against them lot.

they had the exact same problem when they came to our gaff last year.

i dont know any other spurs mate of mine that continuously brags about a "power shift". Think the media have got to arsenals heads a little bit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom