Missing out on CL could be catastrophic for us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We chose not to spend because of our stadium, which was a gamble depending on us retaining CL status. If we fail to get CL this year we would have to rebuild the squad without being able to attract CL level calibre of players or managers, which makes the decision not to spend look even more stupid. Some players may start getting their heads turned too and we will end up signing mediocre players hoping to get back into the CL again....

We just spent big this summer so Levy et al probably expected us to get CL easily this year, which is why I can see him not giving us much money again if we miss out

I am going to be honest with you right now mate, forget top four, it's not happening this year unless we win the CL (which also, isn't going to happen.)

I would be more concerned right now about us avoiding a relegation battle considering we are 4 points off and have a tough game against Everton next.

We chose not to spend because of our stadium, which was a gamble depending on us retaining CL status. If we fail to get CL this year we would have to rebuild the squad without being able to attract CL level calibre of players or managers, which makes the decision not to spend look even more stupid. Some players may start getting their heads turned too and we will end up signing mediocre players hoping to get back into the CL again....
Some people thought not spending was a good idea and wanted to see us rely on promoting youth.
Others, although not supporting it, still tried to justify it.
A few, like me, predicted the fucking mess that's unfolding before our eyes today.

There's no such thing as 'CL level players' anymore it's just down to who throws the most cash at a player. Woolwich / Utd / Chelsea have all bought expensive players when they have finished out of the top 4. On the other side we have bought fuck all whilst retaining top 4. Complete fallacy.

It’s too early to say we have no chance at CL this season but it’s not looking too bright with the way things are now in PL. We would be lucky to get top 6

Levy is holding off on sacking Poch because of the money but we will lose more than the severance fee if we miss out on the CL.
I also think he's struggling to figure out who he could attract that would be willing to work under his constraints.
If Poch goes, it'll be an Eddie Howe type. Happy to take the glamour of managing Spurs but unlikely to ever come near the heights reached by Pochettino.
If Levy had backed his man when he was crying out for it last Summer, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

There's no such thing as 'CL level players' anymore it's just down to who throws the most cash at a player. Woolwich / Utd / Chelsea have all bought expensive players when they have finished out of the top 4. On the other side we have bought fuck all whilst retaining top 4. Complete fallacy.
United, Woolwich and Chelsea are all winning clubs with big pedigree around the world, that’s the difference, we can’t offer that nor can we offer big money so we will end up signing shit midtable players who lack ambition, it happened to Liverpool too and became a cycle of mediocrity until they got Klopp which they only managed to do because of how famous the club is, which we aren’t.

I always feared that if we miss CL even once in this era then we aren’t getting back in for a long time

Some people thought not spending was a good idea and wanted to see us rely on promoting youth.
Others, although not supporting it, still tried to justify it.
A few, like me, predicted the fucking mess that's unfolding before our eyes today.
We warned of storms ahead. They told us "who do you drop", "spending ££ like city is a waste of time", Liverpool are crap", "LEEDS!".
We did all We could... We did all We could.

Dude stop with your fucking shit. Today has nothing to do with fucking 2018. Neither this season has.
Dude, you need to get your head out your ass
You were probably saying the same thing when we sacked Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, and the rest.
And you'll be saying the same thing 10 years from now 2 or 3 more managers down the line

Back
Top Bottom