MLS Final.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did anyone miss the MLS cup final? LA Galaxy beat Houston Dynamo 1-0... Beckham wins the title in his last year of contract at LA. Robbie Keane set up the winner.

What does this mean for Beckham now? PSG? LA? The Prem? Spurs?

I for one would love to have him here for a year or a small loan. We might finally score from corners for once, or actually bang in a free kick. Makes you wonder if we practice them in training.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8N7fGwjtOA[/youtube]

wouldn't get in the side so not sure what he would offer us other than experience in training and good for the youngsters etc. Personally I think he'll stay in LA if they offer him a contract extension or go to PSG. He won't play anywhere else.

Good to see Robbie doing his cartwheel thing again in the Semi final or whatever they call it though.

Why is PSG frontrunner for signing Beckham anyway? Is it just because it's Paris? I thought we would get him for sure after he came & trained with us.

I'm a little bitter that it wasn't the Sounders in the final, but it was good to see Keano winning something.

Beckham won't come to Spurs because he's too old and won't play and he's one of those rare footballers that actually wants to play football. PSG are favourites (if he moves from LA at all) because it's Paris so his wife will love all the fashion crap because she'll believe Paris is a fantastic city and not the shit hole those who've spent any time there know it is and he'll get paid mega bucks because they're a rich club.

I guess that's pretty in line with what I thought. I was kind of hoping he'd take on more of a coaching/player role. Maybe use it as credentials to do something with the english naitonal team.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-tM3j8lAe4[/youtube]

Golden Balls plays with Jingle Balls. Great video showing support for the Team GB Visually Impaired Football Team.

It's amazing the skills they have, the captain lives in my area, used to see him and his dog get the train to work, had no idea he did this till the documentary not long ago. It was a great watch, might still be on 4od.

This was a terrible game. I hate LA. I hate everything about that club.

As for Beckham, I can't see him getting any significant time at PSG, seems like a publicity move for Leonardo.

:keaneno:

Beckham's presence has obviously helped LA Galaxy. Global shirt sales and televised games around the world etc. Has his presence actually helped raise the profile of the MLS within the US?

I watch the odd game on ESPN and it seems like the MLS gets some good, large crowds. But perhaps that's just certain games/clubs.

Back
Top Bottom