Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

519521933_14874da63a_b.jpg

I can think of a few more united recruits for the x men.

Memphis - the ability to turn invisible for an entire football season
Phil Jones - can morph his face into expressions so disturbingly ugly his enemies flee from battle
Ashley Young - his powers of deception have often been important when claiming unlikely victories
Schweinsteiger - the slowest man on earth. Time appears to speed up around him as he moves so slowly, to the naked eye he appears to not be moving at all.

Some of the smart ass shit on page 3 of this thread has a reason to whats wrong with modern football.
Get alot of it at the lane nowadays too. Not enough joy in the game, have a pint, a song, a laugh. All you get is to much over analysing, one fucker trying to out smart another fucker with i told you so's.

A lot of older fans who stuck with them through the lower leagues apparently are a bit sick of the big money, soulless outfit they see now.

I have a mate that is a city fan, lives in Manchester and whilst he loves the success of winning things and actually having some ammunition to banter with but he does miss the old days and acknowledges other teams fans who say city have simply purchased success.

From my own experience there is a vast difference between city and Chelsea fans, with the latter firmly believing they were a giant of European football playing to packed stadiums long before the Russian arrived, those of us of a certain age remember it very differently!

I still believe that's why Chelsea and spam fans really don't like us, no league title for over 55 years, 3 cups in the last 25 years and we can still fill our ground, can fill Wembley for a Europa tie and fill away allocations. If the new stadium does take us up a notch then the song ' where were you when you were shit' could never be levelled at us.....

🎙️ Miroslav Klose: “I stopped playing football because I no longer recognised it. Today, young players think about other things. As a child, I only thought about training and becoming someone in this sport that I always loved. At Lazio and in the national team, after each training session, I put myself in a bathtub full of ice to avoid injuries. But the young players on the team systematically refused.

When they saw me picking up the bags of balls to put them away at the end of training, they said to me 'But who tells you to do that?'.

At that moment, I said to myself: 'You're 20 years old and you can't help a 60-year-old worker?'

They care more about whether their boots go with their socks. That's why I said stop. The football I knew no longer exists.

Today's young players think first of cars, contracts with their sponsors, and their new boots. It is only after all these things that football comes. For them, their image is the most important thing. Whereas for me, all that mattered was football in its purest form.”

He’s spot on.

January 2013 - Ajax fined £8,500 for fans' banner
Before their Champions League game against Manchester City supporters of the Amsterdam club protested against rich clubs over-spending by unfurling a banner with a picture of a sheikh clutching a bag of money with the caption "against modern football". Uefa deemed it "provocative and inappropriate" and fined the club.

The fact they were fined for this demonstrates the stupidity / self centered attitudes of those running our game.

I don't know if it's keyboard warriors on social media, or 'Journalists' who grew up with it, but fans now are the most jealous, spiteful creatures I have come across.
There is no banter now, just vitriolic abuse with no credit given to another club. I remember the whole country being behind Forest and Liverpool in European Cup Finals, now Liverpool 'fans' have become so arrogant and entitled that they have become impossible to empathise with.
Sky must also take some blame for their incestuos elitism which virtually ditched all but 4 clubs. The Media in general have also bought into this with patronising language used when a small club does well.
I fear that the next generation will be even further removed from a local club to band waggon the elite, and boast of them from their armchairs.
At least we now have a plan and realistic expectations, although some of the above is creeping into our support.
Some semblance was evident when fans of Rochdale and Newport came on the board who were very excited about a replay at Wembley, but that attracted the inevitable Trolls too.
I look forward to winning a trophy, which of course, will no longer be important, just to see the reaction of these clowns.

What with the super bowl of money being on last night it go me thinking .
Outside of America the nfl is a joke. And its always struck me as the complete wrong way to run a sport. It's literally all about money essentially. That Peyton geezer earning nigh on a million dollars a week. That's fucking Insane. That's 20 years worth of very decent wages in a week!
And the whole Wembley farce. It's a joke. Why are teams playing home games thousands of miles from their ground. It seems to me whoever responsible thought "well our own fans don't turn up and cheer. So let's just make more money out of it"
And football is clearly heading that way. I don't see how it can be possible to have a premier league being aimed at tourists and making money that can still be taken seriously. Atmosphere at grounds is getting to be pathetic. And tbh I already think we're past the point of the men in suits deciding that, instead of the loyal, thoroughbred fans turning up to intimidate the opposition, they'd rather have absolutely anybody turn up as long as they're willing to pay 60 quid for a ticket and then hundreds more in the shop.
The fact people so willingly accept their club being "marketed" all over the world seems baffling to me. Who gives a Fuck how many Turkmenistan supporters we have. What the Fuck is it to them.
This is just a little game, Played on a little island. Tottenham was started by bloody school boys. As just something to do when they couldn't play cricket. And now look. We're a fucking Cash cow. And an "advert for the premier league"
And the worst thing is. We as genuine actual fans are now the minority. Yet, we're the thing that actually attracts the foreigners! They can watch the game on TV or the Internet. They come to the ground for the legendary atmosphere.
But now we're In a no win situation. Because if we keep on going we're just giving more and more money to the dickhead money men. So they'll want to exploit us more. And maybe try and even stick a finger up our arses whilst they Fuck us from behind. And if we stop going, and say Fuck it. Then we'll lose the game completely. It'll just be a tourist attraction. And then things really will start getting ridiculous. Then we get johnny sports in texas having a say on something that literally doesn't affect him in any way. If he sees the argument that, tottenham moving to Stratford means a bigger stadium, more fans, more Money and therefore buying more well known star players he'll obviously vote for that. American teams can move from one side of the country to the other. What the Fuck difference is a few miles going to make. The only way he'll really understand why it's wrong is if the true, loyal week in week out rain or shine fans explain
And who truly understands a NLD. The guy who's read every page and article on the Internet explaining the history. Or the guy who's dad made it clear from they day he was born, "never red. They wear red, and we hate them Cunts"
All this from one picture of some Chinese people holding a jack wilshere scarf. Tl;Dr.

Anyway I think my point was that, football has become a dictatorship. And it should be total anarchy.

Back
Top Bottom