Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not just a photo, but an anecdote to go with it.

A few months ago I was in a lecture from a top football marketing/analytics expert that works with top PL clubs in customer retention etc. In one of the slides, to depict a 'hardcore fan' they used this image:

WestHamCardiff1902.jpg

It dawned on me that football clubs probably don't actually have a clue about their fans and fan culture in general. Someone needs to tell them that pricks that look like this are not the loyal fans, they just turn up for Wembley finals and think that's how they should dress. Let me put it this way- when you go to European away games you don't see face paint and jester hats.

It really bothered me that a so called expert could be so clueless as to what a loyal fan is.

I agree, that this will never change. But it's something I enjoy when watching football in Germany.

Regarding the chucking of the beers - I think the novelty of that will wear off. It was a big deal in the last tournament, but if you're going to a game week in week out you'd get bored of it. You see how quickly people lose interest in social media fads. And that's all that was during the world cup.
Anyone that chucks a beer anywhere but down their throat is in need of a punch in the face.

All the way from Yorkshire yeah? :adethumbup:

Also... I'm hardly going to be walking round with half a mill in cash am i. Have banks not reached Yorkshire yet? They're great mate, instead of leaving the mines with cash, it will get transferred straight into a bank account and you can pay for your flat caps, whippets and shitty tea on a small plastic thing called a debit card.

:bae:

Haha. We don't have debit cards up here. We still trade in goods and commodities. I shine your shoes, you give me a carrot.

Back
Top Bottom