Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And what's worse is that it was posted by Rushden - worst plastic fan ever.
In the 'Tim Lovejoy' category.

A lifelong Cambridge United fan, with recent claims to being a THFC fan but I don't recall him being anything other than a Cambridge fan when on Soccer AM. Whilst one can follow two (or more teams) of course, I get the impression if Woolwich started serving up Daylesford Organic Kalamata Olive Hummous, he'd rock over there fairly sharpish.

I, of course, very much enjoy Daylesford Organic Kalamata Olive Hummous, with a drizzle of Belazu Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a squeeze of Natoora Organic Unwaxed Verdello Lemon Juice. Who doesn't?

I think we are going to fall out. I like Max Rushden and I think football weekly has improved under his watch

run away monty python GIF
giphy.gif

I have a friend with season tickets at reading so I went a number of times when I lived in the UK. The worst atmosphere I've ever known. They don't sing at all. And going to their stadum is like a trip to an out of town tescos. plus there are zero pubs within walking distance. just awful. much like this song actually
It's a horrible stadium went to see London irish there and as you say a soulless out of town bowl.

In the 'Tim Lovejoy' category.

A lifelong Cambridge United fan, with recent claims to being a THFC fan but I don't recall him being anything other than a Cambridge fan when on Soccer AM. Whilst one can follow two (or more teams) of course, I get the impression if Woolwich started serving up Daylesford Organic Kalamata Olive Hummous, he'd rock over there fairly sharpish.

I, of course, very much enjoy Daylesford Organic Kalamata Olive Hummous, with a drizzle of Belazu Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a squeeze of Natoora Organic Unwaxed Verdello Lemon Juice. Who doesn't?
Think I once saw something where he said he had to hide his Spurs allegiance for Soccer AM and was forced to promote being Cambridge.

Think I once saw something where he said he had to hide his Spurs allegiance for Soccer AM and was forced to promote being Cambridge.
That is interesting, and sad if so, plus I know his dad is a Spurs fan, so maybe I'm being a tad harsh on the fellow.

Still don't like him, though, and he suits this thread well (other than I don't want to post a picture of him).

Not having that.
Before he got the gig on Soccer Am he turned up as a Cambridge United "Fans of the Week" supporter.

Not having that.
Before he got the gig on Soccer Am he turned up as a Cambridge United "Fans of the Week" supporter.

I'm not out to defend him, don't know the chap and never really watched Soccer AM. It was from this article though.

"My stock line is that I’m a Cambridge fan, but Spurs are “my big team who win things” – it’s not particularly clever, but it marks a definite gap between my two footballing loves. Perhaps it was some sort of way to maintain some sort of credibility as a lower-league fan without having to hide my support for someone else. Years ago, when I got a job presenting Soccer AM on Sky Sports, I was told in no uncertain terms not to mention Spurs. At the time, I was so nervous I just did what I was told. It took me years to have the confidence to just say how I felt, and realise that it wasn’t for anyone else to judge"

I'm not out to defend him, don't know the chap and never really watched Soccer AM. It was from this article though.

"My stock line is that I’m a Cambridge fan, but Spurs are “my big team who win things” – it’s not particularly clever, but it marks a definite gap between my two footballing loves. Perhaps it was some sort of way to maintain some sort of credibility as a lower-league fan without having to hide my support for someone else. Years ago, when I got a job presenting Soccer AM on Sky Sports, I was told in no uncertain terms not to mention Spurs. At the time, I was so nervous I just did what I was told. It took me years to have the confidence to just say how I felt, and realise that it wasn’t for anyone else to judge"
Considering how Tim Lovejoy absolutely revelled in his Chelsea fandom this reflect badly on Sky but I am not surprised.

I have a friend with season tickets at reading so I went a number of times when I lived in the UK. The worst atmosphere I've ever known. They don't sing at all. And going to their stadum is like a trip to an out of town tescos. plus there are zero pubs within walking distance. just awful. much like this song actually
Completely agree. I’ve been a few times and it’s always shit. Worst location of a stadium ever. Even worse than MKD. Genuine plastic club and a pretty horrid town in general, sadly - sad because I work close to there.

The fact that Rushden feels the need to trumpet his alliegences at every opportunity convinces me that he's nothing more than a fake. In fact, every time he opens his mouth I only ever hear him saying, "I'm a fake, you know."

I reckon he's a fake.

The fact that Rushden feels the need to trumpet his alliegences at every opportunity convinces me that he's nothing more than a fake. In fact, every time he opens his mouth I only ever hear him saying, "I'm a fake, you know."

I reckon he's a fake.

"Spurs are my big team who win things” does out him as a massive fraud!

Shocking headline but no mention of the actual Chelsea ST prices - outside of jolly corporate which are actually cheap - (compared to ours)!

Cba to get a pic but Leeds rocking up at our place looking like the Scottish national team or Everton.

Just wear your yellow away kit. Or if you really must, that stripey black and dark green thing.

Losers.

Back
Top Bottom