Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to some on here we have good fans. We are embarrassing home and away.

Use the "we are good for England" argument - we aren't, we are average at best for England. The worst thing about out club is the miserable wankers telling everyone to sit down.

What is your point behind posting that video....?

1. We'd get heavily punished for that shit
in our stadium.
2. Away fans were shooting fireworks at the bench and players. Only a moron condones that.
3. We aren't in a position to take 30k away fans anywhere.

Last edited:
What is your point behind posting that video....?

1. We'd get heavily punished for that shit
in our stadium.
2. Away fans were shooting fireworks at the bench and players. Only a moron condones that.
3. We aren't in a position to to 30k away fans anywhere.
English football is broken

....And it illustrates that how?

I see poor crowd safety and the endangerment of players/staff?

Seems rather contrary to your hyper-humanitarian stance in the Son thread if I'm honest.

The fact that they can take 30k away is pretty impressive. I'm not a fan of the flares and the fireworks are dangerous.

But German and British fan culture is very different. The Germans are only so loud, because they have someone at the front of the stand with a megaphone dictating what they should be singing. Often it's always the same songs in every ground and it has no relevance to what's happening on the pitch. As soon as the guy with the megaphone stops, then the crowd goes silent. Have seen it happen on multiple occasions.

What is broken about English football from my point of view, is the all seater stadiums and the fact, I can't have a beer while watching the match.

, I can't have a beer while watching the match.

Can't ever see this changing to be honest. Think about the pubs and screenings every time Eng-er-land play in a tournament and we score against some minnows. Fucking horrendous.

All it would take is one teenager who's already had a Dark Fruit before the game; thinks it hilarious to chuck it everywhere and all hell would break lose from the stand up geezer who just had his £500 jacket ruined.

Can't ever see this changing to be honest. Think about the pubs and screenings every time Eng-er-land play in a tournament and we score against some minnows. Fucking horrendous.

All it would take is one teenager who's already had a Dark Fruit before the game; thinks it hilarious to chuck it everywhere and all hell would break lose from the stand up geezer who just had his £500 jacket ruined.

I agree, that this will never change. But it's something I enjoy when watching football in Germany.

Regarding the chucking of the beers - I think the novelty of that will wear off. It was a big deal in the last tournament, but if you're going to a game week in week out you'd get bored of it. You see how quickly people lose interest in social media fads. And that's all that was during the world cup.

The fact that they can take 30k away is pretty impressive.

That was a one off game....

BUT my point was simply that allocations in UK don't allow for such an away presence.

Pretty sure we could muster 30k to descend on the Emirates for a NLD which is essentially what's going on in that clip.

Last edited:
I agree, that this will never change. But it's something I enjoy when watching football in Germany.

Regarding the chucking of the beers - I think the novelty of that will wear off. It was a big deal in the last tournament, but if you're going to a game week in week out you'd get bored of it. You see how quickly people lose interest in social media fads. And that's all that was during the world cup.

Yep I agree it would even out and calm down but not after a good few brawls sadly.

That was a one of game....

BUT my point was simply that allocations in UK don't allow for such an away presence.

Pretty sure we could muster 30k to descend on the Emirates for a NLD which is essentially what's going on in that clip.

I totally agree - it's easier when you're playing Hertha, in the cup and they can never fill their ground. Most clubs don't manage to get those kind of attendances in Berlin, because they cannot be arsed to go to that dreadful stadium, and Hertha really are a nothing kind of club, for most clubs other than Union.

But it was a midweek game and Dresden to Berlin is a 2- 3 hour journey, one way.

Anyone that chucks a beer anywhere but down their throat is in need of a punch in the face.

Son and Dele's celebration of choice back in 2016/17 if I remember rightly.

sonalli.jpg

Back
Top Bottom