Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Birmingham City retire number 22 after Jude Bellingham's transfer to Borussia Dortmund
Birmingham City have announced they will be retiring Jude Bellingham's shirt number following his transfer to German club Borussia Dortmund

Fuck me.
Thats West Ham esque in its level of "Fuck me" ness

I'm sorry I fucking hate this!

Let me start by saying it's a cracking tune, great to sing along to, so works really well for football. (and maybe, just maybe there's a tiny let off because it's a national team playing in front of fans that don't go to football matches or only watch football every 4yrs).

BUT

Having a DJ on a PA system at a stadium dictate what the fans sing I'm 100% against it. It's worse than goal music. The genesis of my hate started following our 2008 win at the Kangeroo Cup, at the final whistle there was obvious joy, songs started to break out....TOTTENHAM SONGS, then over the fucking PA System turned up to 11 on the dial came that all-time Tottenham classic anthem High Ho Silver Lining!!! It drowned out our songs, we had to join in and sing it and they played it on loop for what seemed like 30mins.

Let the fans sing their own songs, generate their own atmosphere where and when they want, they aren't performing seals being conducted what to sing and when. Many clubs have adopted songs like this for their own, we've done that with Barry Manilow's can't smile without you, Ajax with Three Little Birds etc All have stories and urban myths about how/why they were acquired but it was the fans that choose them and why and where and when.

Mini-rant over, as you were.

Let me start by saying it's a cracking tune, great to sing along to, so works really well for football. (and maybe, just maybe there's a tiny let off because it's a national team playing in front of fans that don't go to football matches or only watch football every 4yrs).

BUT

Having a DJ on a PA system at a stadium dictate what the fans sing I'm 100% against it. It's worse than goal music. The genesis of my hate started following our 2008 win at the Kangeroo Cup, at the final whistle there was obvious joy, songs started to break out....TOTTENHAM SONGS, then over the fucking PA System turned up to 11 on the dial came that all-time Tottenham classic anthem High Ho Silver Lining!!! It drowned out our songs, we had to join in and sing it and they played it on loop for what seemed like 30mins.

Let the fans sing their own songs, generate their own atmosphere where and when they want, they aren't performing seals being conducted what to sing and when. Many clubs have adopted songs like this for their own, we've done that with Barry Manilow's can't smile without you, Ajax with Three Little Birds etc All have stories and urban myths about how/why they were acquired but it was the fans that choose them and why and where and when.

Plastic as fuck......

I hate DJs..... Even though I am one..... (99% of 'em a bunch of talentless, self important dicks!)

Plastic as fuck......

I hate DJs..... Even though I am one..... (99% of 'em a bunch of talentless, self important dicks!)
I've got a mate who's one of those, earns a tidy living at it too, he can't mix, he stole hours and hours of sets (all recorded and downloaded on CD's), all he does is load one and pretend he's mixing, the height of his talent is the volume control.

:dembelelol:

But I've absolutely no issue if say Norman Jay, EZ or Brandon Block (who I don't like) got something going pre-match as players did their warm-ups or as a way to even keep fans in the stadium instead of rushing off to the train to beat the traffic (new stadium caters well for this) at least, they would get it. Just don't cut into fans time singing.

I've got a mate who's one of those, earns a tidy living at it too, he can't mix, he stole hours and hours of sets (all recorded and downloaded on CD's), all he does is load one and pretend he's mixing, the height of his talent is the volume control.

:dembelelol:

But I've absolutely no issue if say Norman Jay, EZ or Brandon Block (who I don't like) got something going pre-match as players did their warm-ups or as a way to even keep fans in the stadium instead of rushing off to the train to beat the traffic (new stadium caters well for this) at least, they would get it. Just don't cut into fans time singing.
Have you watched the documentary “ What we Started “ on Netters? Some of these mega DJ’s , talent-wise are an embarrassment

BUT

i wish I could agree with this 1000 times over.

I have been to so many matches in recent years where the dumb pa music is drowning out the crowd noise before kick off, then a goal is scored and music is played! Do they really think people can't go to a match and enjoy it for what it is without the need for music!

I like my rugby and that is getting worse, some clubs play music at each breakdown, the usual lame cheesy pop music shite , totally ruining the match experience, maybe they think crowds have the attention span of a goldfish and must be entertained, I don't know but music should just be banned from stadiums.

Oh and idiots with I phones recording an incident to feed their online ego during a match. Pricks.

Have you watched the documentary “ What we Started “ on Netters? Some of these mega DJ’s , talent-wise are an embarrassment

I daren't watch that.... I'd be likely to go full psycho!

...I'm doing well not to unleash a full blown rant as it is

Cunt-buckets! :wansum:

Back
Top Bottom