Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like it or loathe it, it seems this is the direction of football at the top level now.

A guy like Mourinho, who had so much success only a few years ago, had strong defensive organisation, but didn't try to micro manage the attacking phase the way guys like pep, conte and klopp seem to now. And he's been left behind as a result.

Coaching automations may work, but it doesn't really encourage creativity or spontaneity, which is Fabregas' point I guess.

Interesting read. Sounds a bit like someone having a bit of a whinge though. The quality of football at a top level is just very, very good for me.

Worst thing I've ever fucking seen....(spotted in Bluecoats after today's game)

IMG-20220320-193428.jpg
Got to be tourists. Seriously how could any vaguely serious fan wear a H&H scarf for those c****s. Dreadful scenes.

Got to be tourists. Seriously how could any vaguely serious fan wear a H&H scarf for those c****s. Dreadful scenes.
Remember that they had H&H scarves for sale down Wembley Way for the NLD when we played there.

But yeah, wearing them in a home boozer is a bit strong.

Like it or loathe it, it seems this is the direction of football at the top level now.

A guy like Mourinho, who had so much success only a few years ago, had strong defensive organisation, but didn't try to micro manage the attacking phase the way guys like pep, conte and klopp seem to now. And he's been left behind as a result.

Coaching automations may work, but it doesn't really encourage creativity or spontaneity, which is Fabregas' point I guess.

I obviously despised Fabregas at Arsen@l and Chelsea - grudgingly less so when he played for Spain although he was never a stand-out player curiously - but I've read a couple of interviews with him in Spanish and he comes across really well - eloquent and with interesting, original opinions.

It's funny, now he's been and gone I can't hate so much him any more.

I obviously despised Fabregas at Arsen@l and Chelsea - grudgingly less so when he played for Spain although he was never a stand-out player curiously - but I've read a couple of interviews with him in Spanish and he comes across really well - eloquent and with interesting, original opinions.

It's funny, now he's been and gone I can't hate so much him any more.
I still think he's a despicable cunt :llorishowudoin:

They can do whatever they want, but I still find it weird.

People actually in the industry don't give a fuck about tribalism/pettiness, they're just professionals. The days of the Roy Keane attitude are long gone, and even then he was an exception to the norm.

Does that make modern footie 'broken' ??? Nah, not for me. I honestly find the tribalism even on here just boring and petty and a bit cringe tbh.

Does that make modern footie 'broken' ??? Nah, not for me. I honestly find the tribalism even on here just boring and petty and a bit cringe tbh.
+1.

Having only recently started to read these forums and get interested in Spurs, I’m astonished at how tribal and how salty things are here.

Perhaps I need to be a supporter of many years standing to really feel the rage.

+1.

Having only recently started to read these forums and get interested in Spurs, I’m astonished at how tribal and how salty things are here.

Perhaps I need to be a supporter of many years standing to really feel the rage.

Dunno how old you are, but I do think its generational. Lot of older fans have that more tribal, slightly outdated attitude towards it all where you do not ever admit your rival has a good player or is doing well or you're GOONER SCUM!! And all other rival team fans are VERMIN!!!

I really can't be arsed with it. I just wanna discuss football without all that crap. Some people are so blinkered by tribalism they can't just have an honest conversation about anything regarding Spurs as they're too busy doing the Top Fan routine. I don't really even engage with it anymore, bores the living crap out of me.

Back
Top Bottom