Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tev.jpg
Lol at the 24 quid fine

I couldn't see an appropriate thread for this, and there should be somewhere to collect evidence that modern football is fucked and needs fixing!

After getting free tickets to QPR today, I was in the stand waiting for the game to start and had to try and ignore gits on TV - tellys do not belong in football stands!

BcBg7KQCQAAKwg-.jpg
There's a TV screen now in Park Lane Lower, block 34.

January 2013 - Ajax fined £8,500 for fans' banner
Before their Champions League game against Manchester City supporters of the Amsterdam club protested against rich clubs over-spending by unfurling a banner with a picture of a sheikh clutching a bag of money with the caption "against modern football". Uefa deemed it "provocative and inappropriate" and fined the club.

January 2013 - Ajax fined £8,500 for fans' banner
Before their Champions League game against Manchester City supporters of the Amsterdam club protested against rich clubs over-spending by unfurling a banner with a picture of a sheikh clutching a bag of money with the caption "against modern football". Uefa deemed it "provocative and inappropriate" and fined the club.

The fact they were fined for this demonstrates the stupidity / self centered attitudes of those running our game.

Been watching the film of the 66 World Cup and the narrator complaining about the ills of modern football...it's all relative innit.

No nothing like that, just about teams playing not to lose instead of trying to win and some of the ungentlemanly conduct on display by the players.

I was just making the point that modern football has always been shit, even back in the days when it wasn't...maybe in 50 years time they'll be harking back to the good old days of the 2010s.

Has anyone here read The Beautiful Game? Searching for the soul of modern football, by David Conn?
Bought it as a little present to myself yesterday for some crimbo reading. Looks pretty good and a quick flick through revealed a fair few paragraphs about Woolwich and their snideness.

There's a TV screen now in Park Lane Lower, block 34.

Isn't that just because you can't see the jumbo torn right at the back? I didn't know they had sky on it.

No nothing like that, just about teams playing not to lose instead of trying to win and some of the ungentlemanly conduct on display by the players.

I was just making the point that modern football has always been shit, even back in the days when it wasn't...maybe in 50 years time they'll be harking back to the good old days of the 2010s.

I used to work with an old boy who supports Barnsley. He brought me in a programme from the 60s, in which their (then) chairman had a right old rant about "too much money in the game nowadays". He'd be spinning like a propeller if he could see that Tevez payslip.

Back
Top Bottom