Modric: "I'm sorry for the way I left..."

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"I would like to go to Chelsea. A lot of players would like to go there and play for Chelsea because it is one of the best clubs in the world, and so do I. I would like to play there. But we will see what will happen. Chelsea are a great club, they play in the Champions League every year, they have great players, they are ambitious and have an ambitious owner who wants to invest in the club and make it win the Champions League, the Premier League and other titles.

"They are going in a great direction and everything about the club is very good. They [Chelsea] are the only one who sent an offer and they are at the moment my first choice."

"Sorry" doesnt cut it you fucking little wankstain

When questioned about what precise point he came to realise that Tottenham were an admirable team, Modric replied "About two seasons ago, when Dele Ali rolled the ball between my legs"

:allitongue:

Last edited:
Honestly, he did just what Sheringham did (who seems happy to play for any club) or Klinsmann, or Berbatov or many others afterwards have done... he was naive with the Chelsea thing, but got stuck in when that didn't happen and always gave the club 100%. He'd be amazing in our current team, as an alternative to Eriksen, being that keystone player that just makes a team tick. Love a bit of Luka. And he's consistently spoken very favourably of the club and fans since he left, unlike the total silence and near complete disrespect of Bale.

How Darren Bent ever became a pundit is beyond me. He’s worse at that than he is at heading into an open goal from 2 yards out. Nothing he says is worth listening to. “Modric had three eyes”?! Oh that’s great. Amazing, insightful commentary.

:harrysmile:

Bring in Sandra?

He'll be 33 in September. Hell naw.
That's irrelevant considering he's still in the top 3 CM's in the world. He would be a more than useful addition. Don't have to expect him to play 50 games a season, but like Iniesta and Scholes late in their careers get him ready for the games he's suited for. With Wanyama, Dier, Winks, Dembele and Modric we;d be well rounded in DM/CM area.

DiQaJ0LXkAImBVT.jpg

How Darren Bent ever became a pundit is beyond me. He’s worse at that than he is at heading into an open goal from 2 yards out. Nothing he says is worth listening to. “Modric had three eyes”?! Oh that’s great. Amazing, insightful commentary.

:harrysmile:

Except he's not. Like Ivanović for Chelsea, Modrić and Ronaldo fell off a cliff after a successful season. Time waits for no man.

Iniesta is still pretty much an ever present btw.

Just let Winks get on with his development. Modrić would be on big money. Learn from United bringing in a 31 year old Schweinsteiger.
Modric has fallen off a cliff this season?! Have you watched Madrid this year? Modric has been one of the few still putting in performances. His last 3 in particular he has been brilliant. Modric has been better than Iniesta this season who for some reason keeps getting put on the left.

Real have been let down at the back all season.

To compare it to the injury prone, no kneed, Schweinsteiger is silly.

Winks would only benefit from learning from Modric and his incisive, forward thinking kind of play.

It’s not conjecture - at 33/34 in the Prem he stands no chance. How can you even claim othherise for someone who supposedly watches continental and Prem football regularly. Notwithstanding the fact Poch prefers youth for number of reasons including relentless energy for our pressing style. Modric would be a passenger who requires two holders to protect him like Pirlo was at the end at Juventus. Poch would never change our entire tactical setup in order to acccomodate one player past his prime - laughable suggestion
I can claim otherwise because I'm speaking from a position of having watched and assessed him based on that rather than using conjecture to pretend Modric is suddenly going to develop negative attributes, as you're saying, that he hasn't shown any signs of.

You've claimed he's had a poor season. He hasn't.
You've claimed he'd need ''two holders''. He doesn't now.
You've claimed he'll be a passenger. He's not now.
You've claimed he'll get ''run over''. He doesn't now.

To claim he'll suddenly become these things is conjecture.

Luka Modric is 32, he'll be 33 in September. David Silva is also 32, a player of similar stature and skill, who is still influencing games despite his slight build and age. Age alone doesn't make you a poor player.

As I've mentioned twice now, Modric would be a player for those days where we struggle to break down our opposition. Days where we have 65-70% possession and he would be massively influential. You wouldn't need ''two holders'' on days like that. He wouldn't need two holders anyway, he doesn't now, nor has ever. So again, you're making comments based on conjecture and not fact.

Your comparison to Pirlo is nonsense as they are wholly different players and their needs to thrive are wholly different. Pirlo always needed a Gattuso or Marchisio next to him for his lethargic style, that didn't just suddenly pop up at Juventus and Juventus didn't do that to accommodate Pirlo alone. They had Pogba-Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio to fit in a single midfield. It was evident throughout his time at Milan. So just like your Berbatov comparison, this is not an equivalent scenario.

And as for Poch changing his entire tactical setup to accommodate Modric. I said Poch has shown himself that formations are fluid to the players he has available at his disposal. Like when Sanchez came in. When Toby got injured, he resorted back to a back 4. He is a manager that is continually evolving and there's no reason that if he were to use Modric he'd have a plan, like he does every player, every game.

Modric isn't a passenger now for Madrid, nor has ever been a passenger in his career. So to suggest he'll suddenly become one is negative conjecture not based on anything but your own fear.

Past his prime is not equal to no longer good. You obviously haven't watched him much this season as you're speaking about stuff that simply isn't evident with Modric this season but things that may come to pass.

Which is better?...

--------------Wanyama---Modric--------------

or...

--------------Wanyama---Sissoko--------------

Then what's the big deal? He would be huge, huge upgrade on Sissoko and a great player for Winks to learn from. Knows the League, knows the club. Has succeeded in the League, has succeeded at the club. Sissoko has nearly 1500 minutes this season. You can't say that those minutes would not be better off in the hands of Luka Modric.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom