Modric: "I'm sorry for the way I left..."

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ILSpur

ESL founding member
I still think that he's a rat-faced cunt. Fuck him.

Modric: “I’m sorry for the way I left Tottenham. I wish we'd parted in a nicer way”

Speaking exclusively in the March 2018 issue of FFT, he says: “My one regret is that I didn’t win a trophy with Tottenham, despite us being a strong team who played good, attractive football. I’m sorry for the way I left. I wish we had parted in a nicer way. I hope fans understand that I followed my dreams.

“My emotions when I think about the time I spent at Spurs are always really positive. Tottenham is the club that first gave me my opportunity to play in one of the strongest leagues in the world."

“I had a fantastic relationship with the people at the club, and also the fans. The whole atmosphere in and around the club at that time was brilliant, and our results were mostly very good. We played in the quarter-finals of the Champions League, against Real Madrid, and in a League Cup final too.”

Modric has enjoyed immense success since moving to Spain, winning the Champions League on three occasions and helping los Blancos win a first La Liga and European Cup double since 1957/58.

I like what the club has become over the last few seasons. They play the kind of enjoyable and attacking football that I like to see and I definitely think Spurs could win the Premier League title in the near future

But the man who will captain Croatia at this summer’s World Cup finals reveals that he still looks out for Tottenham’s results from time to time, and believes they have the squad capable of lifting a first Premier League title in the not-too-distant future.

“Do I still follow their results? Yes, when I have time,” says the 32-year-old. “I always enjoy watching Tottenham’s games and I really like what the club has become over the last few seasons.

“They play the kind of enjoyable and attacking football that I like to see, and I definitely think Spurs could win the Premier League title in the near future – they’ve got excellent players.”
Modric: “I’m sorry for the way I left Tottenham. I wish we'd parted in a nicer way”

He'll be 33 in September. Hell naw.
That's irrelevant considering he's still in the top 3 CM's in the world. He would be a more than useful addition. Don't have to expect him to play 50 games a season, but like Iniesta and Scholes late in their careers get him ready for the games he's suited for. With Wanyama, Dier, Winks, Dembele and Modric we;d be well rounded in DM/CM area.

That's irrelevant considering he's still in the top 3 CM's in the world. He would be a more than useful addition. Don't have to expect him to play 50 games a season, but like Iniesta and Scholes late in their careers get him ready for the games he's suited for. With Wanyama, Dier, Winks, Dembele and Modric we;d be well rounded in DM/CM area.

Except he's not. Like Ivanović for Chelsea, Modrić and Ronaldo fell off a cliff after a successful season. Time waits for no man.

Iniesta is still pretty much an ever present btw.

Just let Winks get on with his development. Modrić would be on big money. Learn from United bringing in a 31 year old Schweinsteiger.

Except he's not. Like Ivanović for Chelsea, Modrić and Ronaldo fell off a cliff after a successful season. Time waits for no man.

Iniesta is still pretty much an ever present btw.

Just let Winks get on with his development. Modrić would be on big money. Learn from United bringing in a 31 year old Schweinsteiger.
Modric has fallen off a cliff this season?! Have you watched Madrid this year? Modric has been one of the few still putting in performances. His last 3 in particular he has been brilliant. Modric has been better than Iniesta this season who for some reason keeps getting put on the left.

Real have been let down at the back all season.

To compare it to the injury prone, no kneed, Schweinsteiger is silly.

Winks would only benefit from learning from Modric and his incisive, forward thinking kind of play.

19_modric.png

"Chicken badge is complicate"

Back
Top Bottom