modric to leave

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

durbanspur said:
Abbey Yid said:
I'd rather have Marco Reus who's in the same mould, but he's off to Dortmund at the end of the year.

marko marin is valued at half the price of reus and if uninjured is a much better player,
and would be an ideal buy because he could be cover for both wings as well as modders!!
would be a cheap versatile player if he stayed injury free
Hence I said "he's off to Dortmund" - it's not worth getting Marin because he'll be injured forever and as previously mentioned people who follow the Bundesliga have said that he's been poor even when he has been fit this season and last.

My thoughts on Modric are that Levy will tell him to go fuck himself if he wants to leave again. We've already been there once and I don't think we'll do it again. Modric is proven class for us in the Prem and Europe so it wouldn't even make sense to sell him and replace him with someone who might be good but could also be shit. Anybody would be a downgrade on him, he's world class.

I'd be tempted to go and earn the kinda money that they are throwing around to finish second in the league...

No need for HR to come out and say this though. Stupid timing, just keep your mouth shut until at least the end of the season!

I'm pretty sure Redknapp was trying to engineer Modric's move last summer as well with the whole "he wants to leave, we should sell him" and "his head ain't in the right place" quotes, as well as leaving him out the team.

What his recent court case brought to light is that he is probably cashing in on a lot of these transfers, so for personal gain he'd definitely get rid of Modric, but luckily we have a chairman with bollocks who wouldn't allow it to happen.

Redknapp would definitely cash in on Modric if he could, i'm just glad Levy has some sense and realises we shouldn't sell our best players if we want to be successful. Add to that the fact that HR is gonna fuck off come June anyway, and I don't see why he's even talking about transfers, the twat.

Will somebody please write an inspirational 'We are Spurs' speech. I whole heartedly understand the appeal of the Manchester clubs from Modric's point of view, more money, fighting for the league, as much as I hate to say it 'Guaranteed Champions League football' more money :levystare:
As a footballer, you watch a game like the Bolton match, or 90% of our games this season where we dominate possession, play fast free flowing football like no other team in the league, developed a brilliant understanding with :bae: :baletroll: :adegrin: :rafaaaa: as mentioned a million times before, he could be a true legend of the club if he devotes himself, could make history.
Why you head turn Luka :modric:

Bilic was at the game yesterday, I saw him walking (limping) down the High Road after

Don't leave Tottenham for lucre, Luka! Bilic tells Modric he's playing for a massive club

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

Slaven Bilic has warned Luka Modric to think carefully about his next move as the Tottenham midfielder is already playing at a massive club.

The Croatia boss has urged Modric - who has been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane - to leave for the right reasons, but to remember great players have had successful careers at the club.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has signalled his interest a year after the north Londoners successfully resisted the challenge from Chelsea to retain the services of their midfielder.

'I have spoken with Luka and I will respect whatever he decides to do,' Bilic said in The Sun after watching Modric in action during the 3-1 victory over Swansea on Sunday.

'But I did say to him he's already at a massive club at Tottenham. Everyone knows huge clubs are interested in Luka but what I said was he should not forget how big Tottenham are.

'Glenn Hoddle and Chris Waddle spent many years here and are proud to have played for this club. If he decides to leave then Luka should do it for the right reasons.'

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted that the Etihad Stadium club's money could pose a problem in his side's quest to keep their influential playmaker.

City boss Roberto Mancini was quoted as saying: 'It is by no means easy to get him because he plays for a big club. Luka Modric is an outstanding footballer, definitely one of the best in the Premier League.'

Modric looks set to be the subject of interest again this summer with City, Chelsea and Manchester United all in the frame to tempt him away from Spurs.

Redknapp said: 'We want to keep him, we need to keep him. We love Luka - he's a fantastic player.'

But the 65-year-old's words came with a stark warning. City have the financial clout to more than quadruple Modric's current wages - understood to be about £50,000 a week.

The Spurs boss admitted: 'Only Luka knows what he wants to do with his life. But if someone is going to offer £200,000 a week it could probably turn his head.'

Back
Top Bottom