modric to leave

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When we used to lose 24/7 to these teams during the 00's I just took it on the chin like in bed.

Lets just wait a week when we are in the semi of the cup and beat Stoke at home.

There will be much rejoicing. (Yay!)

eggsoakley said:
When we used to lose 24/7 to these teams during the 00's I just took it on the chin like in bed.

Lets just wait a week when we are in the semi of the cup and beat Stoke at home.

There will be much rejoicing. (Yay!)

Go fuck yourself.

Blanchflower said:
Dannyboy said:
We are a better team after both Carrick and Berbatov left and we'll be a better team should Modric go. I don't want him to leave but if he isn't a spurs player come the start of next season I'll thank him for paying for Remy and Hazard and move on.

Unless he signs for Chelsea in which case he will have to spend a vast amount of money for the safe return of his Mum

When Carrick left we replaced him with Zokora and when Berbatov left we replaced him with no one and nearly got relegated - I fail to see how we were a better team after either left

We are better now than then - it might not happen immediately but we have improved year on year. You are right that we didn't replace those players with better ones but we are in a far better position to replace Modric should that be necessary. I don't remember us nearly getting relegated since we beat Oldham 15 years ago....and certainly not after Berbatov left. I do remember we started like shit but were nowhere near relegation come February

durbanspur said:
post modric (also read as current hazard). suddenly doesnt seem to bad.
Well, the point was to reiterate that Modrić can't 'just' leave (like Berba did). There has to be a credible replacement lined up. Otherwise, we will be the clowns of London.

If we can replace him with Hazard I would be happy to an extent as we'll get big money for him. If he goes to Chelsea though I'll despise him forever and never forgive Levy. Those cunts have spent the last eight months moaning about why we didn't sell him for 40 mill and saying we're greedy Jew cunts and giving it the bigun about how it's only a matter of time.

Dannyboy said:
Blanchflower said:
Dannyboy said:
We are a better team after both Carrick and Berbatov left and we'll be a better team should Modric go. I don't want him to leave but if he isn't a spurs player come the start of next season I'll thank him for paying for Remy and Hazard and move on.

Unless he signs for Chelsea in which case he will have to spend a vast amount of money for the safe return of his Mum

When Carrick left we replaced him with Zokora and when Berbatov left we replaced him with no one and nearly got relegated - I fail to see how we were a better team after either left

We are better now than then - it might not happen immediately but we have improved year on year. You are right that we didn't replace those players with better ones but we are in a far better position to replace Modric should that be necessary. I don't remember us nearly getting relegated since we beat Oldham 15 years ago....and certainly not after Berbatov left. I do remember we started like shit but were nowhere near relegation come February

1st Feb 2009

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... 2009-02-01

2 points off bottom place....

well that firmly puts egg on my face.

Fair enough but we were comfortably clear of relegation, finishing in the top half that season....so we still weren't nearly relegated....just a bit shit

Éperons said:
durbanspur said:
post modric (also read as current hazard). suddenly doesnt seem to bad.
Well, the point was to reiterate that Modrić can't 'just' leave (like Berba did). There has to be a credible replacement lined up. Otherwise, we will be the clowns of London.
Is Frazier Campbell open to a return?

Or is he being lined up for when Ade leaves? :ade:

been giving this modric to leave thing much thought cos the cynic in me
believes he is still going regardless of how we do this season.
what about marko marin as his replacement.
dubbed the messi of germany i remember him tearing us a new one
and still thought back then that kid has bright future.
why not let that future be at spurs!!!

Yeah he's predominantly a winger, impressed me when he played against us in the CL but he's cooled off a bit this season. Plagued with injuries so although he's good it'd be pointless spending however much on somebody that might only be able to play half the season.

I'd rather have Marco Reus who's in the same mould, but he's off to Dortmund at the end of the year.

Marin would make sense if at a real bargain price -- it seems like every time someone floats him as an option, someone with actual Bundesliga knowledge notes that he's been crap for quite a long while now (basically since he played us)?

durbanspur said:
been giving this modric to leave thing much thought cos the cynic in me
believes he is still going regardless of how we do this season.

see%2Bthis.jpg

Roberto Mancini targets Tottenham's Luka Modric

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has said he would jump at the chance to sign Luka Modric - but admits it is "unlikely" Spurs will allow the Croatian to leave.

Playmaker: Luka Modric is the creative heartbeat of Tottenham's midfield Photo: PA
By Telegraph staff9:43AM BST 30 Mar 2012Comment

Modric is one of the most highly-rated midfielders in the Premier League - linked with both Manchester United and Chelsea last summer, much to Harry Redknapp's annoyance.

And the 26 year-old has once again shone this season as Spurs push for the coveted fourth Champions League spot.

Mancini, with practically unlimited funds at his disposal, will look to strengthen his side when the next transfer window opens, and the Italian has revealed that Modric is top of his wish list.

The City manager already has a wealth of talent in midfield at the Etihad Stadium with David Silva, Samir Nasri and Yaya Toure, and he said: "Luka Modric is an outstanding footballer, a great player. He is definitely one of the best in the Premier League.

"It is by no means easy to get him because he plays for a big club, Tottenham. It is unlikely that they would let him leave.

"We are lucky to have another great player from these parts in Edin Dzeko.

"I have worked with quite a few players from these parts - not just Croatians, but Bosnians, Serbs and Montenegrins.

"I have many friends among them and I am very proud of it.

"They are really something special and they mostly play with invention and creativity."

:vdvcry:

If he does his " Iam a peacock routine " again in the summer I am sure MAnU will be at the head of the queue- Surely Old Red Nose will admit that if they win the league his team does need something in the middle of the park. And if Modric goes there fair enough...quite a big clib etc. I suppose- but hey lets talk about it when it happens not when there is so much to play for and we need to pull our fingers out a bit over next 10 weeks.

He is a quality player, no question about that. But if he starts coming out with all his wanting to leave bollocks again in the summer, which I think he will Champions League or no Champions League, I think we should just fuck him off straight away so we've got the whole summer to get some quality players in and come back stronger.

Smolik said:
He is a quality player, no question about that. But if he starts coming out with all his wanting to leave bollocks again in the summer, which I think he will Champions League or no Champions League, I think we should just fuck him off straight away so we've got the whole summer to get some quality players in and come back stronger.

agreed, especially considering how much we will get for him to spend on new players.
for me that would cover the costs of 2 hyped up expensive players.
hazard, remy, possibly only 1 and a dreamland manager?!

Abbey Yid said:
I'd rather have Marco Reus who's in the same mould, but he's off to Dortmund at the end of the year.

marko marin is valued at half the price of reus and if uninjured is a much better player,
and would be an ideal buy because he could be cover for both wings as well as modders!!
would be a cheap versatile player if he stayed injury free

Back
Top Bottom