Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A must win here. Very hard team to pick but I would start with....

--------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------
-------------Dier------------Wimmer--------Vertonghen-------
Walker---------------------------------------------------------Rose
----------------------------Wanyama-------------------------------
----------------------Winks-----------Dembele-------------------
----------------------------Son-----Kane---------------------------

Subs: vorm, CCV, Trippier, Sissoko, Alli, Eriksen, Janssen

Lloris
Walker - Dier - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Winks
Sissoko - Alli - Son
Kane
I think that's the team he goes with. We have a MASSIVE game with Chelsea coming up. It actually wouldn't surprise me if Trippier gets a start but I've gone with the same back four we just saw against West Ham. I think Dembele is rested here with Chelsea coming up, Winks and Wanyama in central midfield. I think Sissoko comes back in with Alli and Son making up the three behind Kane.

Huge game, I hope we can turn up and play with the right tempo and urgency and get this job done. When we play with tempo we are so difficult to keep out, we need more of that, not the patient play where we imagine the game goes on forever until we score.

Lloris
Walker - Dier - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Winks
Sissoko - Alli - Son
Kane
I think that's the team he goes with. We have a MASSIVE game with Chelsea coming up. It actually wouldn't surprise me if Trippier gets a start but I've gone with the same back four we just saw against West Ham. I think Dembele is rested here with Chelsea coming up, Winks and Wanyama in central midfield. I think Sissoko comes back in with Alli and Son making up the three behind Kane.

Agree with that line-up, but i too think Trippier may play.

Reckon we will come up short and it'll be a draw.

Monaco are a very different side to the one we played last year. They sit top of the league & Falco appears to be back to his pre-injury days, they are averaging 3 goals per game.

We are going to have to be at our very best to get a win there. The way we are still playing a draw is likely.

Monaco are a very different side to the one we played last year. They sit top of the league & Falco appears to be back to his pre-injury days, they are averaging 3 goals per game.

We are going to have to be at our very best to get a win there. The way we are still playing a draw is likely.

legends_falco_14_730.jpg

Draw is not good enough is it? Pretty much knocks us out.

For the 10 outfield players I can see those first teamers that did not play 90 mins yesterday playing. Trippier, Wimmer, Dele, Son, Dembele, Sissoko, Janssen( he might be the exception ) Rose will play as suspended Saturday. As to the rest I cannot see that any player will be expected to play 90 mins in all 3 matches. Now as usual the main problem is Kane. Can he play 90 mins in both. If he does he will be very tired and less effective but I cannot see we can afford to rest him unless we can get a lead on Tuesday and bring him off after 70 mins.

We have to go for it, it's the champions league! I couldn't believe there was some apathy in the Leverkusen thread, we just our balls all year every year! I'll be disgusted to go out with a whimper!

Fair enough we may lose tomo but at least let's have a go and run at them!

Need to make quicker decisions and faster passes in the final third. Too often against West Ham we slow in down and gave them time to get 11 men behind the ball, and hit us on the counter. I want players who'all run at defenders and cause havoc

I'd love to see

Lloris

Walker dier JV Rose

Wanyama Dembele Winks

Alli Kane Son

At last, I can get in my blatant. Happen to have a friend who lives in Monaco. Not much of a sports' man but good enough to get me and his Spurs friend who lives there tickets for the game. Don't know where the seats are, hope they're not behind glass. So, off to Nice now and a cruise back to Monaco in his Porsche. I'll be your local correspondent unless we lose in which case I will go immediately sullen and silent.

At last, I can get in my blatant. Happen to have a friend who lives in Monaco. Not much of a sports' man but good enough to get me and his Spurs friend who lives there tickets for the game. Don't know where the seats are, hope they're not behind glass. So, off to Nice now and a cruise back to Monaco in his Porsche. I'll be your local correspondent unless we lose in which case I will go immediately sullen and silent.

any chance of a lift tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom