Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apologies if it's been covered already, but who the fuck will go to Wembley for the final game against CSKA after tuesday's result and, more pertinently, can we throw the game - and thus end the prospect of EL bullshit - without making it too obvious? Of course, with our form so far in CL being so embaressingly hopeless a negative result wouldn't come as a surprise anyway.
They should give a load of tickets away to local charities & schools.
Kids & oap's for a fiver.
May as well fill it up even if you are doing lots of free & very cheap tickets.
I hate lots of empty seats.

Apologies if it's been covered already, but who the fuck will go to Wembley for the final game against CSKA after tuesday's result and, more pertinently, can we throw the game - and thus end the prospect of EL bullshit - without making it too obvious? Of course, with our form so far in CL being so embaressingly hopeless a negative result wouldn't come as a surprise anyway.
I will be there mate because I am a Tottenham Hotspur supporter.

They should give a load of tickets away to local charities & schools.
Kids & oap's for a fiver.
May as well fill it up even if you are doing lots of free & very cheap tickets.
I hate lots of empty seats.

I suspect that the stadium would only be a quarter full if you PAID people to attend.

as an aside, I presume that you'll want to see us win, so how do you feel about dropping into the EL?
Oooohhhhh. This is getting interesting.
A true tottenham fan would always want us to win, no matter what!
If he would prefer us to be out of the europa, then I do believe you have him snookered!

as an aside, I presume that you'll want to see us win, so how do you feel about dropping into the EL?
For the first time in my life I feel we would be better off without it this year. The reason for me saying that is we are struggling at the moment, but despite our struggles we are 4 points off the top of the league. If we focus on the League we have a chance to win it. That chance is improved by better preparation, less injuries to first 11, ability to play best 11 without having to rotate.

If we did win and therefore qualify for EL, I will go to every game to watch the team I love, just as I have done with every single game they have played the past 45 years I've been watching them.

I don't get to decide who, how and when we play, I just watch them play. With that comes my tears, my joy, my laughter, my rage, my hate, my love.

For the first time in my life I feel we would be better off without it this year. The reason for me saying that is we are struggling at the moment, but despite our struggles we are 4 points off the top of the league. If we focus on the League we have a chance to win it. That chance is improved by better preparation, less injuries to first 11, ability to play best 11 without having to rotate.

If we did win and therefore qualify for EL, I will go to every game to watch the team I love, just as I have done with every single game they have played the past 45 years I've been watching them.

I don't get to decide who, how and when we play, I just watch them play. With that comes my tears, my joy, my laughter, my rage, my hate, my love.

Of course you want to see Spurs win every game, as we all do. I just feel very strongly that we desperately need to give the EL a swerve for the sake of our league form and placing, and it sounds like you do too. Hence my thoughts for your dilemma of wanting the best result for the team whilst hating the idea of dropping down to a competition that will throw up even more games than continuing in the CL. You'll be elated at the final whistle and then down in the dumps on the way home, lol!

Of course you want to see Spurs win every game, as we all do. I just feel very strongly that we desperately need to give the EL a swerve for the sake of our league form and placing, and it sounds like you do too. Hence my thoughts for your dilemma of wanting the best result for the team whilst hating the idea of dropping down to a competition that will throw up even more games than continuing in the CL. You'll be elated at the final whistle and then down in the dumps on the way home, lol!
The thing is it ultimately changes nothing. I'll watch them no matter what. What I, you or whoever wants we have no control over those wishes whatever they may be. So ultimately we just have to roll with it.

Kinda mixed thoughts regards EL, the clubs attitude towards it is negative thus making you negative in the process! But if they were to embrace it and take it seriously then your attitude would change! In saying that I will watch it and want them to win irrespective of what might or might not happen regards the league and where we finish. If you were to give me a choice ,Europa league winners or top 4 I'd have the cup even without a back door entry to the champions league.

All you do is whine about other posters whilst trying desperately hard to fit in & be liked by strangers on an internet forum.
Your need to be liked & fit in has obviously taken its toll on you.
At 58 you really should be past all that high school stuff.

Don't bother replying. You're on ignore now.
You can whinge all night about someone else instead.
Or chat to baz. He has as much hate inside of him oozing out too. He likes to inflict hate on women too. Carry on going around looking for people to post hateful messages too.
whatever floats your boat.
Wow. what a tortured and fanciful mind you have.
You are the one with the problem. You think it important to continually post carping and negative things about the football team that a lot of us on this site support without reservation. You and others like you seem to believe that this is your personal bitching post and you seem to be ignorant of the annoyance and irritation that your holier than thou and arrogant posts engender.
I have better things to do than to try to curry favour with people who I have never met, don't know the names of nor would recognise if I passed in the street. My reaction to you and people who post like you is a personal one - because it irritates me immensely when I am hurting at seeing my team fail to have a non stop series of posts and posters vomiting their disdain and childish comments in what appears to be a desperate attempt to show us all what savvy and knowledgeable football analysts you all are.
Sorry if me not being impressed with your arrogance and whining upsets you - but you can rest assured that it's personal, heartfelt and for my own benefit to speak out against your behaviour. The fact that other people feel the same way - I am sure is also their choice, and coincident.
I hate to spoil your fevered imagining of who I am, but I am perfectly comfortable with my friends and family and have no urge or desire to win friends or favour on here.
Maybe if you look more at your own flaws and failings with regard to interacting on this site - rather than trying to resolve mine, you might get more enjoyment out of it, and maybe generate a real passion for actually supporting the club like the rest of us .

I suspect that the stadium would only be a quarter full if you PAID people to attend.
After Tuesdays garbage, I was sure I wouldn't be going. Now I've cooled a bit I probably will be there. I suspect a lot of fans who currently plan on chucking their ticket will probably change their mind as the game approaches. I reckon we'll see an actual attendance of around 65K. Although I guess the official attendance will be around 85K based on sold tickets !

Alan Fisher hitting the nail on the head for me.

"Spurs Exit like they don't even care"

Oh yeah that's interesting...

I make a post, "No one at spurs even seems bothered"

THE FUCKING MELT, KILL HIM, GET HIM OFF OUR FORUM, SUPPORT SOMEONE ELSE.

Ah. The melting at the melters. Meltception.

"Spurs Exit like they don't even care"

Oh yeah that's interesting...

I make a post, "No one at spurs even seems bothered"

THE FUCKING MELT, KILL HIM, GET HIM OFF OUR FORUM, SUPPORT SOMEONE ELSE.

Ah. The melting at the melters. Meltception.
Didn't read much of anyone's melts, but I guess they were not as well written as Mr Fishers. Life lessons are everywhere.

Didn't read much of anyone's melts, but I guess they were not as well written as Mr Fishers. Life lessons are everywhere.

Nah, just people being selective with who they cunt off, so they can put themselves on a high horse and say "Look at me, I still believe, I'm a true fan". Congratulations, it will be on your gravestone.

Nah, just people being selective with who they cunt off, so they can put themselves on a high horse and say "Look at me, I still believe, I'm a true fan". Congratulations, it will be on your gravestone.
Just crack on mate it's just the internet. In the real world I've got loads of mates who's views differ to mine but oddly never come to blows, not even a row. Funny thing is, for all I know they are all on here and we are calling each other cunts.

Just crack on mate it's just the internet. In the real world I've got loads of mates who's views differ to mine but oddly never come to blows, not even a row. Funny thing is, for all I know they are all on here and we are calling each other cunts.
My missus is Spurs. She spends private moments on the Internet.
Now you've got me thinking.

Im questioning my commitment now as I cant be arsed to make the 4 hour round trip for the CSKA match plus the cost of parking etc. I'm a bad person :pochbye:
If I were you I'd go. (I am)At least you can enjoy the match for what it is with no real trepidation about the result. I have a funny feeling the atmosphere will actually be pretty good in a carefree carnival type way. A Wtf kind of gallows humour prevailing through the stands.

Back
Top Bottom