monaco v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to give players a rest for this one to be honest.

-----------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------
Trippier------------Alderweireld------Wimmer------------Rose
-------------------------------Dier----Dembele--------------------
-------Townsend--------------Lamela-------------------Chadli--
-----------------------------------N'Jie-------------------------------

Vorm
Trippier - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Rose
Carroll - Mason/Dembele
Townsend - Son - Chadli
N'Jie
Will be interesting to see what line up we go with. Monaco are a good team, despite their best players leaving for bigger and better things. Coentrao, Moutinho, Bernardo Silva, Traore, El Shaarawy all good players who can cause problems. We need to rest players, we can't keep playing the likes of Dier, Alli, Kane etc. sure, we are only about 8 or so games into the season but it's a marathon and not a sprint. A draw here isn't the end of the world, even a loss isn't the end of the world but we need to think of the players we have.

I think Vorm will play. It'd be nice to keep playing Lloris as he's obviously a few classes above Vorm but we need a back up keeper to be sharp and games like this are a good time to do so. Trippier and Rose keep their jobs at full back. I'd partner one of Alderweireld or Vertonghen with Wimmer as opposed to Fazio, leaning more towards Alderweireld as Wimmer is more a left sided centre half.

My reasoning for that central midfield is that we're going to have to play a game or two without Dier this season (mainly because he's a yellow away from suspension and he's bound to get another suspension along the way), so we need to learn to adapt. Games like this are good times for players to learn. Carroll can help keep things ticking in the middle (hopefully being more adventurous with his passing) and one of Mason/Dembele to partner him. In fact, if both are fit, I'd learn towards Dembele due to his strength in midfield and ability to keep possession.

Three of the front four will be players wanting to prove themselves and hopefully looking to work extremely hard. Townsend and Chadli on either side, both started against Woolwich and were extremely under-par. Hopefully they will be looking to make up for that loss and play better then they both have this season. I've gone with Son to play behind N'Jie making his firs start but I'd also be tempted to play Pritchard if he's fit enough.

I think it will be a tricky game played at a slow pace to be honest and I'll go with a 1-1 draw.

They play well defensively... I think this one is going to be boring, with their stadium and style of play and with us resting our better players. N'Jie should start. And get Pritchard some minutes, I'd like to see him standing beside Traore. :D

8TOqdJN.png

Allows plenty of the key players to rest with only Alderweireld, Lamela and Son from the City game starting.

Either Alderwiereld or Vertonghen needs to play as Fazio is just shite.

I would play Lamela, let him continue from his amazing performance on the weekend... I would also play Son too. Hasn't played too much this season, and is still looking to settle in.

Also assuming one of Mason / Bentaleb is fit for this?

Decent game for N'jie to start up top too.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Alderweirald, Wimmer, Rose, Dembele, Carroll, Townsend, Son, Chadli, N'jie][/formation]

Don't even take Kane or Dier, let them have a sleep.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Onomah, Winks and CCV if possible.

Out of all the players ... Dier is the one that NEEDS to be rested. He's started in all our games, so far!
Other than that, I wana see N'jie start.

Vorm
Trippier Fazio Wimmer Rose
Mason Carroll
Townsend Pritchard Chadli
N'Jie

Let's hope Mason and Pritchard are fit so they can be involved. It's absolutely a must to rest a lot of players in this one. We can take care of progressing at home.

Just watching EA Guingamp V AS Monaco on BT. Monaco look ok but look weak in air as Guingamp goal came from a corner. Should be an interesting game if we field out second eleven. I would even throw in Fazio, has plenty of europa Cup experience with Sevilla.

Lloris
Trippier, Toby, Wimmer, Rose
Mason/Carroll, Alli
Pritchard/Townsend, Eriksen, Chadli
Clinton

My gut feeling is that Lloris starts all of our matches in Europe while Vorm starts in FA Cup matches.

Right then, after seeing AS Monaco draw 3-3 all the goals they conceded were from crosses in wide positions. Poch it's now over to you....
I watched the 2nd half Kris...you're right, defensively they're weak (F12 A13) plus they've only managed 1 point at home in Ligue 1.

---------------------------Lloris---------------------------
Trippier-----Alderweireld-----Wimmer-------Rose
------------------Winks---------Mason-----------------
Chadli------------------Eriksen--------------Pritchard
----------------------------N'Jie----------------------------

Vorm
Trippier Fazio Wimmer Rose
Mason Carroll
Townsend Pritchard Chadli
N'Jie

Let's hope Mason and Pritchard are fit so they can be involved. It's absolutely a must to rest a lot of players in this one. We can take care of progressing at home.
Fazio and Carroll absolute madness.

Back
Top Bottom