monaco v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really? Trippier has to be stronger, can't let the winger get in front of him in the box. Holds him off and he heads that away, job done. Poor full back play. Not sure if Hugo is to blame, pretty point blank header wasn't it...

Hugo falls to his side instead of back and I don't think that goes in. Trippier probably could have done a bit better, but that really was a very good cross.

It's never down to the manager though is it ?
I hate the fact that they always come out and say how happy with the squad they are, then get the boot when it all goes wrong, they should tell the truth in the first place, the end result is the same anyway.
Fair enough. I think they'd get the boot quicker if they criticised the chairman in public - Poch tries to be non controversial - obviously this doesn't please everyone.

Hugo falls to his side instead of back and I don't think that goes in. Trippier probably could have done a bit better, but that really was a very good cross.

Trippier and Rose didn't do a good job blocking crosses the entire night.

Trippier was pretty terrible the entire night.

In my opinion Monaco were a decent side last few years they now look piss poor and have a few decent players that will be off soon.To cut it short we played virtually our best side and could not win was a piss poor game and simple as that

Here is the WhoScored player positions image...
Monaco-Tottenham - Match Report.
You can see clearly the passing lane we have opened up for Monaco on our right flank.
Then we have Kane, Chadli, Eriksen and Alli all fighting for space in the midfield.
Not surprising then that Monaco directed 80% of their attacks down the flanks.

Repeated Saturday's ploy of missing the game, then watching it "live" when I got in from work.
Not quite the same experience, I have to say.
Surprised by the strength of the team Poch put out, disappointed by his subs. Though it's fair to say that we should have been home and hosed by halftime.
Positives: the back 5, except Trippier, who looks out of his depth. Davies was the same last season, so happy give him the opportunity to prove me wrong.
Dier and Alli immense again.
Eriksen getting his sharpness back and Lamela working like a Trojan again.
Negatives: Chadli, what does he do?
Kane, still not firing on anything like all cylinders but I know he will come good just like I know my commute tomorrow will be shit because of idiots pretending they can see through fog.
Trippier, see above.
Poch's subs, meh.
The referee, what a cunt.

Apologies for correctly forecasting the result earlier in the thread.

Ho, hum. Next up, our bitches, Swansea. Played 8 times in The PL, won 7 drawn 1. That draw was 8 games ago.

Crashing now, absolutely beat.

Well the one thing I will say is that we are really missing a deep play maker who can see something from nothing tonight. Moutinho showed a few times where we are missing BUT our kids will get there if we stay positive. #wishlevypulleditoutthebag

Spurs vs. Monaco - this is the kind of game that Spurs are made for, not resting players ahead of fucking Swansea. Oh the glamour...

Are people seriously forgetting what life was like before Jol, when Europa League seemed like the promised land because we were so. fucking. mediocre? Winning the EL gives us 4 European trophies (and CL qualification), which puts us in the top 10 in Europe and miles ahead of the scummers 1 Cup Winners Cup.
Life before Jol included us winning our three European trophies. I haven't forgotten. Come to think of it, all our trophies bar one.

Monaco blow the 'we can't compete because of wages argument out of the posh, yacht infested, shiny blue water. Good result, but with an in form Kane, we would have buried them.

At sea obviously.

Trippier and Rose didn't do a good job blocking crosses the entire night.

Trippier was pretty terrible the entire night.

Yep. It was a bit of a shit show off the ball on the wings.

Trippier impressed me again with his crossing. Still think Poch is missing a trick not playing him on the wing. Lamela was at least a little more solid than Townsend.

Bringing on Townsend threw Trippier/everyone under the bus.

On the other side Rose threw the back line into disarray. Again his last ditch tackling is impressive but his positioning...it's just a disaster. Rose, Jan, Eriksen and Chadli are on different pages.

The goal against saw Rose walking around. Jan had to sprint out of position to cover for Rose and that left one center back in the middle. You can't leave it one on one on those areas.

Rose was switched off. Poch's style is to press and he didn't.

Jan was dragged so far out of position covering for Rose...our wings off the ball are just an absolute horror show.

Poch keeps persisting with Eriksen covering for Rose. When Rose is not steaming in he's day dreaming. And Eriksen is not built to cover for someone so chaotic. He can barely cover someone solid. Rose had zero click with Eriksen. And how was Townsend popping up on the left??? As if Trippier wasn't isolated enough?!

Townsend has a disastrous effect on Trippier. It's pretty tragic stuff. Townsend doing rolly pollys next to Rose trying to buy a foul in our box, then Rose pushes someone in the box, then we break, get offside, the ball comes straight back through Rose like he's not there and Jan is forced to cover. Goal.

Absolute shambles. What was Townsend doing on the left? Then the right? Then the left? Flopping and rolling around? It's just so keystone cops when he's involved. Rose did the same thing, going down with arms flailing with histrionics and he got himself injured! Him flagging the ref got his hand stamped on. it's just CHAOS. STOP FLAILING AND SCREAMING AT THE REF AND CONCENTRATE!!

Our wings off the ball....Jesus H Christ our wings.

Prior to Townsend coming on I was delighted Lamela got the goal. Great stuff. Chadli showing how a winger does it albeit on his weaker side. Alli showing everyone how to support.

Lamella started that goal near our own goal line. That was a fucking amazing goal. On first look it's just a tap in but he secured the ball and then sprinted the whole pitch. Chadli, Alli...So dangerous.

It's just a shame it was all undone by an out of control spinning top of a back line.

I feel bad for Jan. I knew we should have played the same team be city. Our midfielders did their job and Poch softened us up by putting on Townsend. His crossing was even worse than Roses scuff. Esp that cross from the left.

Just finished up watching the match. Eriksen was pretty poor in general. Nothing overly creative from him and he lost the ball more times than I could count. No one at fault for that goal other than Lloris. Good team selection, though I do wish he had made his substitutions a tad bit later, but hindsight is 20/20. N'Jie shouldn't have strayed offside, but I'm not sure he would've made the shot anyway. We played sloppy the entire time and honestly this was definitely a deserving result, though I'm not particularly happy with it.

Wow. Lloris fault? Haha.

Trippier? You may want to ask why was Jan not in the box? Rose was being lazy at that point. It all got dragged sideways because Rose didn't press. Everyone had to fill in the gap left by Jan. the whole back line had to scramble because one player was walking around.

Rose and Eriksen were the reason we conceded. Not fucking Lloris!! They didn't press.

I am still disapointed that pochetino fielded our first team against Monaco, i thought the clown has learned a valuable lesson that managers fail to learn every year at spurs, rotation actually works when done properly

Instead of calling Poch a clown, why don't you get your coaching badges and show him how it's done.

Dickhead

Instead of calling Poch a clown, why don't you get your coaching badges and show him how it's done.
Coaching badges?

?

Football-Manager-2015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom