More of a Remodel needed, not a Rebuild...Sumner 2919

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the 2018/19 season is over for us, June the 1st to be exact, long bloody season!!

After becoming the laughing stock of British football last summer by becoming the first team to not sign a single player, the joke continued into September when our New Stadium’s grand opening was shelved, a joke that would run until the following April, before putting that ghost to bed......

But there it was, we were playing in the last possible match any club team in Europe could have possibly played in, the Champions league final, but let’s not dwell on that...

Some great moments this season produced that’s for sure, but they are only moments, not legacy, and if there is one thing I have learned this season, it’s this, “we are not a big club” and no amount of top 4 finishes will change that, not even owning the keys to the best stadium in world football will change that. The only thing that will “is winning trophies”

This current squad is ageing, and it has almost certainly now peaked, but the trophy cabinet is still bare.
So this summer we don’t need to rebuild in any drastic way, we certainly don’t need to knock the house down and start again, but it does need a serious remodel.....

If one thing jumped out last night it was that match winner in the form of a Bale, Ronaldo or Messi type player, to do the incredible when all else fails.......
We will no doubt be penny wise in the market, and I will accept that, but with that I will also have to accept we are still not a big club, as I doubt the trophies will not follow.....

Back
Top Bottom