Morecambe (H) - FA Cup - Sunday 1400 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty telling that he is being booed by his own fans. Didn’t look interested at the best of times but since his mates fucked off I think he’s just completely thrown in the towel.

Good riddance, that should be the final nail in the coffin of his spurs career.
He didn't help himself by not joining his team mates on the bench...... Instead Ndombele just huffed himself straight down the tunnel into the changing room.

That's what got most fans booing.

It's so slow at spurs, the midfield are not moving to create space.

Simply got no formation and tactical tweak, we were lucky to have lucas energy chasing back all ball.

I don't know if it's the player or the coach issue. Put our players to any other team, there be more fluidity, I watch ndombele at lyon and he was a starter in the game because the wingers are so so effective

Don't know why we don't work with proper wingers and overlapping wingback w a 4-1-4-1 formation
You can watch him back at lyon now if you want

Watched the highlights back and I noticed a couple things… Gollini is fucking awful. What exactly does Dele do anymore outside of dive and flick? Winks isn’t near as bad as people here make him out to be.

Winks isn’t near as bad as people here make him out to be.
Agreed. Unfortunately (and, I suspect we're all guilty of it to some degree), once you've lost faith in a player, their mistakes become amplified and their good play gets discounted.

Winks has not been playing well for a long time—I don't think anyone could reasonably say otherwise—but he seems to be responding positively to Conte.

I think he'll surprise a few people. He never has been, nor ever will be the creative midfield force we all crave, but he's disciplined and has the ability to keep us ticking in the middle of the park.

I can't believe the free ride Conte is getting for some really dubious tactics and game management yesterday.

Swapping the WB's over (inverting both) made them - and us - even less effective - than we were first half (and was as bad as when he did it against Southampton - you'd have thought he learned from that).

And why the fuck did we need 3 CB's (two of whom were fucking atrocious) on there for the entire game against a team who made it into half about 3 times. Could have easily added Moura and Kane but left any of the likes of Gil, Ndombele or Alli on and any of them would have been more use than keeping Tanganga or Roden out there.

He didn't help himself by not joining his team mates on the bench...... Instead Ndombele just huffed himself straight down the tunnel into the changing room.

No it was the amble off the pitch which got people wound up- once he was over the touch line no one was bothered what he did

He eventually came back out. This issue was that he didn't give a shit that we were losing and his slow stroll made it seem he didn't care if we had enough time. Even Kane was yelling at him to hurry the fuck up.

I can't believe the free ride Conte is getting for some really dubious tactics and game management yesterday.

Swapping the WB's over (inverting both) made them - and us - even less effective - than we were first half (and was as bad as when he did it against Southampton - you'd have thought he learned from that).

And why the fuck did we need 3 CB's (two of whom were fucking atrocious) on there for the entire game against a team who made it into half about 3 times. Could have easily added Moura and Kane but left any of the likes of Gil, Ndombele or Alli on and any of them would have been more use than keeping Tanganga or Roden out there.

I was wondering about the inverted full backs as well, I didn't understand it because it narrowed the pitch, didn't make sense at all.

He changed it up and and we won. Who pissed on your chips and told you it was raining?

Mate, he's not a fucking magician. These players are not good enough and you can't keep playing the same players every single game.

The squad depth and quality is down to the people that buy the players. None of the squad that are here are here because on Conte. He bought none of them.
Your probably right but real time watching that shot show unfold yday it’s to be objective. However there was surely enough talent out there to not have been in that position?

Missing Jose that much?

Pathetic behaviour. Stop trolling
I’m not a jose fan. Only saying it as I see it. If Jose or Nuno served up that shit you can bet your bottom dollar they would have been lynched. That is not to say the players should be absolved of their responsibility. They have plenty as are set for as well.
We need to develop a style of play which is a bit more than relying on WBs.

Back
Top Bottom