Morecambe (H) - FA Cup - Sunday 1400 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He didn't help himself by not joining his team mates on the bench...... Instead Ndombele just huffed himself straight down the tunnel into the changing room.

That's what got most fans booing.
Think the booing started while he was still on the pitch. At first I thought it might have been bcos he was being subbed rather than other players. As I could see he knew he was being subbed as he started to take his wrist bands off and made his way towards middle of pitch.

Think the booing started while he was still on the pitch. At first I thought it might have been bcos he was being subbed rather than other players. As I could see he knew he was being subbed as he started to take his wrist bands off and made his way towards middle of pitch.
I think it was because he was in no hurry at a time when we needed to up the pace, Dele left the pitch at the sideline and was applauded as he walked around to the bench, and Gill sprinted to the bench, complete contrast to Ndombele.

I’m not a jose fan. Only saying it as I see it. If Jose or Nuno served up that shit you can bet your bottom dollar they would have been lynched. That is not to say the players should be absolved of their responsibility. They have plenty as are set for as well.
We need to develop a style of play which is a bit more than relying on WBs.
Utter bollocks. Keep your opinions to yourself

I can't believe the free ride Conte is getting for some really dubious tactics and game management yesterday.

Swapping the WB's over (inverting both) made them - and us - even less effective - than we were first half (and was as bad as when he did it against Southampton - you'd have thought he learned from that).

And why the fuck did we need 3 CB's (two of whom were fucking atrocious) on there for the entire game against a team who made it into half about 3 times. Could have easily added Moura and Kane but left any of the likes of Gil, Ndombele or Alli on and any of them would have been more use than keeping Tanganga or Roden out there.
Perhaps Conte has decided on the system he wants to play and wanted to see what the reserves were like?
Doherty on the left was very good indeed v Soton so he gave that another try. Sess on the right-why not give that a try?

I’m not a jose fan. Only saying it as I see it. If Jose or Nuno served up that shit you can bet your bottom dollar they would have been lynched. That is not to say the players should be absolved of their responsibility. They have plenty as are set for as well.
We need to develop a style of play which is a bit more than relying on WBs.
Everything depends on results really. Even if we play shit but we win , it gets forgotten and forgiven. Also since we have been playing shit under multiple managers now and Conte is obviously Conte, the players get blamed instead (as they should be in most instances).

That inverted wingback thing though...that was just very very very weird. Would love to know the thought process behind that.

And at the same time make us even more of a laughing stock. Surely conte knows our history in the cup to not treat it as a ego trip and make sure we lose. I just wish he could actually coach us to play better football other than counter attack. Lots of people might give me stick but his supporters are the same as Jose’s who said he was a winner and we need to support him. Why? Lots of clubs have far less than us but can still play better football. Surely with his pedigree he can’t train, coach motivate an 11 to beat morecombe at home easily. If he can’t then is he really a top coach. I’m fed up with all the apologist making out we are shit. We are not that bad and I’m sure we could play better football than we currently do.
Coaching is not Contes greatest strength in my view, he’s known to buy players to suit his methods, I don’t know what Levy told Mourinho and now Conte to make them believe they’re good coaches.
They both thrive on discipline and individual quality, my observation is they have one strategy, don’t concede goals and we can win.
Less likely that we play this way, that way, and we get some goals.
Fans of Intermilan have been critical of his methods and even compared it to that of Inzaghi’s as they are enjoying it more with in their opinion better results.
So yes, we would be bored to our soul till his contract expires, but we would also grind out results.
I think he is good at motivating players though.
I’m shocked though that he hasn’t figured out the best way to use his players, seeing Doherty play Left wing back is catastrophic.

Coaching is not Contes greatest strength in my view, he’s known to buy players to suit his methods, I don’t know what Levy told Mourinho and now Conte to make them believe they’re good coaches.
They both thrive on discipline and individual quality, my observation is they have one strategy, don’t concede goals and we can win.
Less likely that we play this way, that way, and we get some goals.
Fans of Intermilan have been critical of his methods and even compared it to that of Inzaghi’s as they are enjoying it more with in their opinion better results.
So yes, we would be bored to our soul till his contract expires, but we would also grind out results.
I think he is good at motivating players though.
I’m shocked though that he hasn’t figured out the best way to use his players, seeing Doherty play Left wing back is catastrophic.
Conte and his staff are easily considered one of the top 5 coaching teams in the world. You’re talking nonsense.

Perhaps Conte has decided on the system he wants to play and wanted to see what the reserves were like?
Doherty on the left was very good indeed v Soton so he gave that another try. Sess on the right-why not give that a try?

Your (Sissoko) and my version of very good we have established are very different things. But even ignoring the failed inverted wing back in a game where everything was already congested infield, why the fuck did we still need three CB's out there against a team who rarely got into our half? Especially as two of them were playing badly. Why didn't we sacrifice the third CB instead of one of Ndombele, Alli or Gil who could have at least kept us with an extra creative player instead of an extra CB shaped lump.

Back
Top Bottom