Most disrespected player

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have a lot of players that get disrespected but I think part of it is the nature of our unbalance squad.

Aurier: decent as a wing back but prone to gaffs, if you play him attacking he is ok. We have no other RB until now.

Sissoko: fine as a donkey worker (not meant as an insult) in a 3 man midfield but not technically good enough to play in a 2 but we have to play him.

Winks: good passer but not strong enough to play 6, he is an 8 shoehorned into a different role. At United he would be a decent squad player and never played as DM.

Davies: good defender but poor going forward, great as a LCB in a 3 or in a 4 if you are sitting deep, not very good if you want attacking play from your FB.

This isn’t those players fault, more the lack of squad depth forcing square pegs in round holes. They are all decent squad players who in the right position ain’t bad but in the wrong position and overplayed are not great.

Apart from John Pratt and Mark Falco already mentioned, think Ian Moores, John Lacy and Mitchell Thomas got a bit of a rough ride. Out of the current crop, so many get over-the-top criticism, in fact I can't think of one that is immune - even H gets it from some quarters.

It's the social media effect Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman

Imagine if it had been around back in the day - same criticisms but magnified.

Glenn doesn't track back.

Roberts is a carthorse, can't play.

Gilzean should score more goals.

etc.

Dele too he's shit yet scored 8 and assist 4 in 25 Prem games last season

People kick off about the flicks he does not coming off yet want to see us play football with flair, not everything can come off

Quite a few amateur psychologists on here - we are informed Dele has a poor attitude continuously by armchair fans. Far more likely hamstring injuries have had a detrimental effect on a player whose game relies on transitions, pace and movement.

Dele too he's shit yet scored 8 and assist 4 in 25 Prem games last season

People kick off about the flicks he does not coming off yet want to see us play football with flair, not everything can come off

...whereas I simply get frustrated when we are on a quick counter attack, the ball comes to Dele who decides he's got 5mins to make a decision about what to do with it, at which point the move breaks down or the opposition get all their defenders back into position.

Too young to have seen him play, but looking at his stats, clips, service and what he was involved in looks to me like he should be considered a club legend.
Yep his stats stack up well and in a very good period he was top scorer a couple of seasons and i think 2nd top a couple of times. No mean feet with Archibald and then Clive Allen at the club. I think it was because the longer term fans of the early to mid 80's were used to Greaves,.Gilzean and Chivers wheras fans of my generation had Armstrong, Lee and Chris Jones and Falco was a huge step up from that level so i appreciated him but many didn't.

Back
Top Bottom