Most over-rated/under-rated players?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can keep it within the EPL or use players from other leagues in Europe. Anything goes. A few that instantly spring to mind for myself are Anthony Martial - someone who does next to nothing 90% of the time, and also looks like a right miserable twat 24.7. Andy Robertson, nowhere near as good as some people, especially Liverpool supporters, try to make out. I was also tempted to say Bruno Fernandes. Not that he's not a very good player. But some people genuinely compare him with De Bruyne - For me he's nowhere near his level. For every good pass he does, he'll give the ball away 10 times. His rat face annoys me too which doesn't help.

I'll get shit for saying this but I've always thought Declan Rice is a seriously good player, although he needs to start performing for England as he generally does for West Ham. I'll say he's under-rated as some people still seem to think he's bang average. For me there's a bit of Jordan Henderson about him in that because he's not really flashy, and has a shit hair cut, he gets under-rated to an extent. Another player who is under-rated or at least not talked about as much as he should be is Ndidi. Any club that needs a world-class defensive midfielder, he should be near the top of their lists.

I always thought Ryan Giggs was well over-rated. Not enough end-product for me and totally one-footed. Like a slightly upgraded Erik Lamela.

Under-rated is interesting, Sergio Busquets should probably get more credit. Basically been the best player in the world in his position for close to a decade.

I always thought Ryan Giggs was well over-rated. Not enough end-product for me and totally one-footed. Like a slightly upgraded Erik Lamela.

Under-rated is interesting, Sergio Busquets should probably get more credit. Basically been the best player in the world in his position for close to a decade.

I think most people know how good he is in what he brings to his team. His biggest problem is that there was also a prime Messi, Iniesta and Xavi etc. So he was never talked about in the way that those were.

I have to admit, I always thought that Carrick was a bit under-rated. Certainly under-used by England. He had a lot of technical quality and rarely gave the ball away. He was one paced, but so are other players who play in a similar position such as Basquets and obviously Pirlo. Not to say Carrick was on either of their level, he wasn't, but he was still a very good player.

Mason Mount over rated
Tyrone Mings over rated
Harry Maguire over rated
Roberto Firminho over rated
And thou shall always
thou shall always
thou shall always
Kill.

I don't think many people think Mings is anything more than he is, which is a pretty ordinary defender. His biggest attribute other than being really tall is that he's left-footed.

Agree with Maguire and Firmino to an extent, but despite him playing for Chelsea, I think Mount is a cracking player. Or at least will become one.

Giggs? Seriously? He was fucking brilliant

From that same Barca team I would argue that Puyol always ended up in the shadows of his more creatively talented teammates. Despite being one of the all time best defenders. But on the flipside he was the captain and obviously highly valued by Barcelona.

Back
Top Bottom