Mourinho 20/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paul Gascoigne

Forum Jester
What do you think JM will do next season?
What will be his style of play?
Who does he really want to sign?
Will Parrott get a chance?
If he starts winning but with a defensive mode, will you be HAPPY ?
Does he need to sign £100m players or can he develop?

1: Mourinho will, if backed be in a situation where it's fair to scrutinise and judge him. He will be aching for a pre-season

2: 4-2-3-1 formation with 3-4 new faces to help him bed in what he expects from all the players moving forward. This season was damage limitation, the next Mourinho's first crack at how he wants to be IMO.

3: A CB, DM, AM for the 1st team, a RB & a FWD for depth

4: Once Parrott is ready, which I believe will be this season as things go forward (we have little choice but to see I feel) he will be given his chance.

5: Mourinho won't try and win defensive once he has the tools he wants. He may occasionally do so but when it's right to. Wolves play a counter I don't hear many people call them a defensive team? Jose will want to do it with more than we've seen in recent times I'm certain.

6: Mourinho needs a budget of £100m + any money made on player sales to achieve what he and the club expects at a minimum. Let's see if that happens.

I can see us bringing in Smalling, Matic and Fellaini. I think we can get Jones and maybe Ashley Young too. I wouldn't put past Jose to convince Zlatan to make the move here either, such is his pulling power.

Jose will recreate that famous all conquering Man Utd team of 17/18. His greatest achievement, so he says.

I can see us bringing in Smalling, Matic and Fellaini. I think we can get Jones and maybe Ashley Young too. I wouldn't put past Jose to convince Zlatan to make the move here either, such is his pulling power.

Jose will recreate that famous all conquering Man Utd team of 17/18. His greatest achievement, so he says.

tenor.gif

I know I can hear the sarcasm but...

...he wouldn't would he.

Can't wait for the excuses from his fans when he fails.

-Poch set the club back 5 years

-We are the only club unlucky enough to have lazy, mentally fragile/weak bottling players who ruin every good opportunity that comes our way (nothing to do with the resources slaphead affords his managers or how Jose manages his players)

-The Euros ruined our window. & brexit and the corona. Poor Levy. Give him anothet bonus. Jose should get one too for soldiering on what a hero.

I think next season we'll see the same defensive football but with Kane and Son. That will get us much better results than we are getting atm but it's nothing to build on long term.
However that's only if he hasn't lost the dressing room completely by then. If the boys weren't playing for Poch they deffo aren't playing for Jose.
We are genuinely hoping to get top 4 and fluke a cup.

I am not convinced there will be a (regular) 20/21 season. This Covid shit might close things down until a vaccine is ready to be rolled out (hoping it will go away sooner rather than later, of course).

I think he will fail, moan, bitch, and complain about everything and everyone.

His style of play will be defensive shitball. Even if he tries a more offensive approach for a periode, he will always revert to his safe place where buses are parked when there is a minimum of adversity.

He will sign big, old, experienced, slow but strong players, to play his ancient style of football, if he hets what he wants.

No Parrott. With any luck he'll get a loan.

Well, he won’t win shit. If he by some miracle went on a Leicester-type run, I would probably find it hard to not be happy though.

The squad needs fresh blood. But 100M will not do much good if spent under Joses reign.

I am not convinced there will be a (regular) 20/21 season. This Covid shit might close things down until a vaccine is ready to be rolled out (hoping it will go away sooner rather than later, of course).

I think he will fail, moan, bitch, and complain about everything and everyone.

His style of play will be defensive shitball. Even if he tries a more offensive approach for a periode, he will always revert to his safe place where buses are parked when there is a minimum of adversity.

He will sign big, old, experienced, slow but strong players, to play his ancient style of football, if he hets what he wants.

No Parrott. With any luck he'll get a loan.

Well, he won’t win shit. If he by some miracle went on a Leicester-type run, I would probably find it hard to not be happy though.

The squad needs fresh blood. But 100M will not do much good if spent under Joses reign.
I don't think JM will be able to buy players easily. It looks like this season will be extended. Then the 2022 world cup is in January.

No one knows.
Might succeed might fail.....so difficult to tell now and the window will at least give us a clue.

I think he will cut our losses on Ndombele and try to rebuild the team from central midfield though.

The hard on for him to fail is worrying though so whatever he does I guess we’re looking forward to another season of agenda driven twats poisoning our fan base.

I guess too many people got so used to lauding failure they forgot what real success is. To the point they belittle the lifting of trophies.

1. Leave or get sacked.
2. Counter attacking with low block.
3. Willian
4. Out on loan maybe.
5, Depends what we are winning.
6. Depends on who he signs for said £100,000,000

Back
Top Bottom