Mourinho Vs Pep

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is better

• Mourinho

• Pep

Results are only viewable after voting.
With regards to Klopp and Simeone...

Dortmund had no right to challenge Bayern but they did (and still do).

Altetico had no right to challenge the Barca/Real hegemony but they did (and still do).

Even Liverpool were a comparative bag of shite before Klopp joined them and are now among the best in Europe.

I don’t think it’s fair to judge on trophies alone, and I do wonder if Mourinho or Pep would have the tools to achieve what those two have. But on the flip side they have certainly won more at top level.

Love him or hate him.......... You gotta love him really. Jose is only saying what everyone is thinking.

If Sterling plays, Jose is proven right

If Sterling doesn't play, we'll never know whether Pep didn't play him just to save face.

If Sterling comes on as a sub, Jose is proven right

Win Win Win

:mourhandlaugh:

Who would replace Sterling if he misses the game? That Spanish kid is more talented than Sterling. Not as experienced, but more talented.

Both great managers, but I think Mourinho’s CV is more impressive. None of the clubs that Mourinho won things at were winners before he got there (except Real Madrid), whereas the clubs Pep has managed were all champions under different managers.

Last edited:
Both great managers, but I think Mourinho’s CV is more impressive. None of the clubs that Mourinho won things at were winners before he got there (except Real Madrid), whereas the clubs Pep has managed were all champions under different managers.

I think it’s worth pointing out that, although they had won everything, Barcelona were a bit of a shambles after Rijkaard’s departure. Pep did a complete rebuild and despite many pundits and fans questioning why he would let players like Yaya Toure, Eto’o and Deco go, he was vindicated when his team cleaned up in Europe and were even better than Rijkaard’s. Yes they had already won everything but were far from a steady ship when he took over.

Pep was lucky at barca. He's a good coach but he had the best club side to ever exist and the greatest player of all time at his disposal. Take that out the equation and it's not even a contest.

I believe both are great managers, but neither are without their flaws. Over time it is looking like Pep would rather lose playing beautifully than win playing ugly, whilst we know Jose will do anything to win. I favour Jose as his achievements with Porto and Inter are better than Pep's achievements.

I think it’s worth pointing out that, although they had won everything, Barcelona were a bit of a shambles after Rijkaard’s departure. Pep did a complete rebuild and despite many pundits and fans questioning why he would let players like Yaya Toure, Eto’o and Deco go, he was vindicated when his team cleaned up in Europe and were even better than Rijkaard’s. Yes they had already won everything but were far from a steady ship when he took over.
What pep could do at barca , luis enrique could.
What pep could do at city, pellegrini and mancini could
What pep could do at bayern, heynckes could do better

So what's so special with pep ? He is all media hype , nothing more

Its because, his football at Barcelona, crafted a massive era of football not just at Barcelona but for 🇪🇸 too..
You cant compare him to bloody mancini and pelligrini lol they havnt won the champions league but the last 4 years they have dominated the domestic competitions, whats it like 3 or 4 league cups in a row, league and cup treble the year before and should of maybe beaten us in the champions league..
Hes a great manager no doubt about that...

Back
Top Bottom