Mourinho's appointment - winners and losers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WINNERS

Lloris - like de Gea, excellent shot stopper with good reflexes but poor with the ball on his feet something which Mourinho won't mind much.

Aurier - A new chance under new manager to prove his quality

Dier & Sissoko - workhose, utility players. Mou has always loved these players in his squad.

Ndombele - technically gifted, creative goalscoring midfielder, Mou will get the best out of him by playing him in advanced midfield role like Lampard, Sneider.

Lamela - creative attacking player that doesn't mind a good little shithousery, Mou will fall in love with him.

Lucas - pace merchant, capable of scoring double figure a season and perfect for counter attacking football.

Son - no explanation needed

Kane - see Son

GLC - another creative, technically gifted goalscoring midfielder that doesn't putting in a defensive shift.

LOSERS

Dele - passenger, players Mou usually doesn't mind throwing under the bus.

Eriksen - another passenger

Winks - see Dele and Eriksen

KWP - not good enough, he will never improve any further

Wanyama - wage thief, done in professional football.

JURY STILL OUT

Sanchez, Foyth, Toby, Jan, Rose, Davies, Gazza

Last edited:
Think you are bit hard on some of the Losers
Dele can recapture his old form
Wanyama not his fault he got injuried, agree done at top level, but we would all keep taking the money if we could

I disagree on KWP as a loser, he’s not been loaned out, sold or played consistently under Poch. Jose should finally make a decision on him which will help him with his career.

Winners

Everyone who wants to stay and play for the shirt and prove themselves

Losers

Spineless snakes whose cunt agents are pushing for an exit

Biggest winner will be Dier - Jose loves him!

Hopefully the love will rub off on a few others and improve their performance..... Its going to be fascinating to see what kind of effort the team put in on Saturday knowing that the day's of being first choice just because of who you are may be over.

I also think Dele will be a winner too - cunts of a feather and all that - both cocky bastards who love to go against the grain

A reinvigorated Dele can be world-class on his day and we need all hands on deck now to salvage 4th

Hopefully Mourinho has a similar effect on Dele as he did on Lampard and gets the best out of him.

Mourinho doesn't strike me as someone who likes players who aren't committed so can definitely see Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Eriksen moved down the pecking order.

It has been stated that Poch wanted the contract run downers out last summer. It did not happen which gives those players a feeling that not only the Manager does not want them but that they are in control. A new Manager whoever he was would have more power and these players know that if they do not perform they will not play. They will be given a chance and those that do not perform in the way Mourinho wants will be out. This will be similar to when Poch arrived in getting the likes of Lennon out. Difficult to know who that will be but it will be a few games before we see. I think KWP and Parrot will get a loan in January and their fate will be decided in the summer. Hopefully they will both gain from that and come back better players.

WINNERS

Lloris - like de Gea, excellent shot stopper with good reflexes but poor with the ball on his feet something which Mourinho won't mind much.

Aurier - A new chance under new manager to prove his quality

Dier & Sissoko - workhose, utility players. Mou has always loved these players in his squad.

Ndombele - technically gifted, creative goalscoring midfielder, Mou will get the best out of him by playing him in advanced midfield role like Lampard, Sneider.

Lamela - creative attacking player that doesn't mind a good little shithousery, Mou will fall in love with him.

Lucas - pace merchant, capable of scoring double figure a season and perfect for counter attacking football.

Son - no explanation needed

Kane - see Son

GLC - another creative, technically gifted goalscoring midfielder that doesn't putting in a defensive shift.

LOSERS

Dele - passenger, players Mou usually doesn't mind throwing under the bus.

Eriksen - another passenger

Winks - see Dele and Eriksen

KWP - not good enough, he will never improve any further

Wanyama - wage thief, done in professional football.

JURY STILL OUT

Sanchez, Foyth, Toby, Jan, Rose, Davies, Gazza
Dissagree on:

Ndombele, he's not the type of midfielder that Mourinho likes. (I desperately hope I'm wrong because he's a baller)

Lucas - Is too selfish, doesn't link at all with teammates, lacks discipline and is not great off the ball. Just don't see it working for him.

GLC - I'm talking out of my arse a bit here as I haven't seen enough of him myself (everything I know about him is what I have read and from a couple of cameo appearances) so based on this I wouldn't say he's a player that will NOT enjoy life under Mourinho, I think his work rate is what will impress him but he's a chaos player.

Dele - He will shine under Mourinho. If there was one bit of player man-management during his time at Utd that went well is that he got a tune out of Lingard (who I think is completely average, nowhere near the level of Dele). I think he will play him closer to Kane but also will benefit from Dele becoming more of a diverse midfielder having him play in a deeper role the past 18mths or so.
Eriksen - He'll love him, compare him to Mata (who he loved). The big question mark around him would be where is his head at, if it's not at Spurs then he has to be moved on asap.

The killer you've missed out is Rose. He has always admired Rose and has tried to buy him whilst at Chelsea and Utd. IMO (based solely from the now TWO stories the infamous Sun and now his "I'm going to sit on my contract interviews) he is a cancer in our team that needs cutting out. If Mourinho starts to stroke his ego this could undermine him even before he starts.

What he does with Vertonghen and Toby is also of massive importance, nothing to do with playing two good CB's but it will demonstrate if he has any plans to build a team here.

Last edited:
Dissagree on:

Ndombele, he's not the type of midfielder that Mourinho likes.

Lucas - Is too selfish, doesn't link at all with teammates, lacks discipline and is not great off the ball. Just don't see it working for him.

GLC - I'm talking out of my arse a bit here as I haven't seen enough of him myself (everything I know about him is what I have read and from a couple of cameo appearances) so based on this I wouldn't say he's a player that will NOT enjoy life under Mourinho, I think his work rate is what will impress him but he's a chaos player.

Dele - He will shine under Mourinho. If there was one bit of player man-management during his time at Utd that went well is that he got a tune out of Lingard (who I think is completely average, nowhere near the level of Dele). I think he will play him closer to Kane but also will benefit from Dele becoming more of a diverse midfielder having him play in a deeper role the past 18mths or so.
Eriksen - He'll love him, compare him to Mata (who he loved). The big question mark around him would be where is his head at, if it's not at Spurs then he has to be moved on asap.

The killer you've missed out is Rose. He has always admired Rose and has tried to buy him whilst at Chelsea and Utd. IMO (based solely from the now TWO stories the infamous Sun and now his "I'm going to sit on my contract interviews) he is a cancer in our team that needs cutting out. If Mourinho starts to stroke his ego this could undermine him even before he starts.

What he does with Vertonghen and Toby is also of massive importance, nothing to do with playing two good CB's but it will demonstrate if he has any plans to build a team here.

Agree on Dele. Could be a masterstroke.

Lucas is in serious danger.

• 1Lloris
  • 2Trippier
  • 4Alderweireld
  • 5Vertonghen
  • 3Rose
  • 19Dembélé
  • 15Dier
  • 20Alli
  • 23Eriksen
  • 10Kane
  • 27Lucas

This was United boss Jose Mourinho's biggest home defeat in all competitions as a manager.

That was the 0-3 last season.
JM has to find our best RB and utilise Sissoko to the best he can be.
You would think he would refer Son to Lucas.

Holy fucking shit, we’re still to kick off under Jose’s command and people already write off players.

Dynamo-Kyiv-vs-Chelsea-Champions-League-group-stage.jpg

Winners:
Kane - His perfect type of player. I expect him to thrive under José and also love working under him.
Son - Same as Kane.
Lucas - Mourinho has always liked a pacey winger, and he even wanted Lucas at United before we swooped in out of nowhere and got him.
GLC - Ozil at Real, Sneijder at Inter, Mata at United, need I say more?
Dier and Dele - Already has created a "friendship" with both of them, and, in Dier's case, he has wanted him in his team so many times. The fact that Dier speaks portugese is also a giant help. Hope he is able to reignite the Dier - Dele friendship as well.
Sessegnon - Contrary to popular belief, if Sess has the right mentality and work ethic, I think he will thrive under Mourinho because of his talent and versatility.
Gazza - José'll like him. No genuine reason, just a gut feeling.
Sissoko and Ndombele : Workhorses and hard working men. Will fit right into his system.
Lamela: Genuine cunt (love him though) who thrives at winding up the opposition. Mourinho has the ability to unlock something special in him (if he stays fit).

Not sure on:
Toby and Jan: If they show commitment, they'll be very useful. If not, they'll be shown the door. Up to them. José always wanted them in their team, now he has them, but do they want to be here?
Sanchez - In theory, he's a defender José would like, however, he thrives in a back 3, and I very much doubt Mourinho will play with a back 3.
Rose - Same as Toby and Jan.
Davies - A quiet guy who accepts his role. If José thinks he will be useful, he will stay, if not, he will be shown the door.
Foyth - Very unsure on this one. Have no clue.

Losers:
Eriksen - As good as gone. Doesn't want to be here, not José's type of player.
Wanyama - Done at Premier League level.
Winks - Hope he's going to be our McTominay, but I doubt it.
KWP - Doesn't have it to cut it at the top level, José won't have the patience. He'll be loaned out, and unless he does something special on loan, sold.
Hugo - José has liked him in the past, but he needs a move on for his own benefit and ours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom