Mourinho's appointment - winners and losers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again this.
Look at how large number of potential young players have been treated by Poch. Even in current season. KWP, Tanganga, Skipp, Parrott.

We were playing Championship football, but Poch still preferred to play totally underperfoming senior players instead of those 4.

Can you explain, how will youth players situation gets even worse from here???

Because at least they were getting some squad/game time under Poch. That's about to end. Just wait and see.

Dier is the biggest winner, playing again regularly. Mourinho will get him back to his best. And Dele too.

I think Lloris will be a loser, but not immediately.

I’m not convinced Moura will be accepted by Jose because he seems too much of a luxury, too non-specific in his play. But he may take his chance which he’ll no doubt be given and become a winner in this situation. This us the hardest to predict in my view.

Players I am most concerned about are NDombele (fitness reasons), Winks (lack of physicality), Rose (lack of crossing ability generally, and declining ability), and Aurier (defending/rash decision making). Potentially Vertonghen too.

I think all of our midfield/attacking options, including Dele and Eriksen will be completely desired. Dele could either play holding, or similar to how Willian played (further forward on right hand side), as a more physical alternative to Lucas. Lucas will also get plenty of game time.

LOSERS

Dele - passenger, players Mou usually doesn't mind throwing under the bus.

Eriksen - another passenger

Winks - see Dele and Eriksen

KWP - not good enough, he will never improve any further

Wanyama - wage thief, done in professional football.

Dele and Winks start, KWP on the bench.

You know your stuff

:adethumbup:

Because at least they were getting some squad/game time under Poch. That's about to end. Just wait and see.

You are 100% talking out of your ass.
Its pathetic how you come up with certain statements fed to you through press without any personal thinking whatsoever.

It could be pointed out however many times that Rashford and McTominay got so much gametime under him in ManU, but nothing will change your clichee-based statement anyway...

Let's just wait and see.
(P.S - like someone pointed out, even if with some players it would happen that Mou would axe them, it would be to their benefit. Not many worse options than the KWP one - not playing, not sent away - it would be clearly better for his career if we would sell him and he could find his footing somewhere else. Before he is 25 and has like 15 league starts under his belt.)

Back
Top Bottom