Mourinho's appointment - winners and losers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At first I thought Mourinho would try and make an example of Dele but I think it’s clear from the first week that he will look to take Dele under his wing and he sees him as a vital piece of our team

WINNERS

Lloris - like de Gea, excellent shot stopper with good reflexes but poor with the ball on his feet something which Mourinho won't mind much.

Aurier - A new chance under new manager to prove his quality

Dier & Sissoko - workhose, utility players. Mou has always loved these players in his squad.

Ndombele - technically gifted, creative goalscoring midfielder, Mou will get the best out of him by playing him in advanced midfield role like Lampard, Sneider.

Lamela - creative attacking player that doesn't mind a good little shithousery, Mou will fall in love with him.

Lucas - pace merchant, capable of scoring double figure a season and perfect for counter attacking football.

Son - no explanation needed

Kane - see Son

GLC - another creative, technically gifted goalscoring midfielder that doesn't putting in a defensive shift.

LOSERS

Dele - passenger, players Mou usually doesn't mind throwing under the bus.

Eriksen - another passenger

Winks - see Dele and Eriksen

KWP - not good enough, he will never improve any further

Wanyama - wage thief, done in professional football.

JURY STILL OUT

Sanchez, Foyth, Toby, Jan, Rose, Davies, Gazza
On reflection, after their performances on Saturday, do you still think Dele and Winks are 'passengers'? You are allowed to change your mind, if you haven't already.

Dele is astute, both on and off the pitch. He realised he had to up his game to impress the new manager and he showed he has the ability to do it. We need him.

As for Winks, someone just had to tell him to pass the ball through the fucking middle sometimes. Otherwise, he's fine. He too had a good game.

AT RISK
I think midfield donkeys are the real ones at risk. Dier showed he just can't up his game, he can't change his game, he has no footballing wit and he's too prone to making mistakes. Too slow, a yard off the pace, jogging around ball-watching. Bad passes, ill-timed tackles. It got so bad on Saturday that I actually went. "Wow" when he made a good pass under pressure. The jury's out on Moussa.
We need a new Dembele and he's never going to be that. His ability to speak Portuguese will carry him for a short while, then he's in trouble.

You are 100% talking out of your ass.
Its pathetic how you come up with certain statements fed to you through press without any personal thinking whatsoever.

It could be pointed out however many times that Rashford and McTominay got so much gametime under him in ManU, but nothing will change your clichee-based statement anyway...

Let's just wait and see.
(P.S - like someone pointed out, even if with some players it would happen that Mou would axe them, it would be to their benefit. Not many worse options than the KWP one - not playing, not sent away - it would be clearly better for his career if we would sell him and he could find his footing somewhere else. Before he is 25 and has like 15 league starts under his belt.)

Two things,

Firstly. Well time will tell. if i'm wrong about this then fair play. I just don't believe that JM is the man to turn out youth talent into first team regulars. Thats OK he may not need to but this is a thread about who will win or lose under JM. I stand by the fact that our youth prospects will lose.

Second. Mate you sound really angry. 'ass....pathetic....cliche....etc etc'. Calm down, its a thread about whose prospects have improved and whose are diminished under a new manager. Hardly life or death stuff.

Two things,

Firstly. Well time will tell. if i'm wrong about this then fair play. I just don't believe that JM is the man to turn out youth talent into first team regulars. Thats OK he may not need to but this is a thread about who will win or lose under JM. I stand by the fact that our youth prospects will lose.

Second. Mate you sound really angry. 'ass....pathetic....cliche....etc etc'. Calm down, its a thread about whose prospects have improved and whose are diminished under a new manager. Hardly life or death stuff.

1) Yes, time will tell. We don't know what will happen.
But we know, what has happened. Poch did not turn any of our academy players (except Winks) into "first team regulars" like you put it. It is really hard to get worse than this. So it is hard to see how youth suffers.

2) Yes, I am kinda pissed off when people just blindly trust some fabricated media narratives (though otherwise are quick to point out how flawed media is when they talk about us) without any critical thinking or questioning. In matter of fact - things are not black and white - in ManU some youth got their fair chances, I do not like crucifying someone just based on cliches and group thinking.

At first I thought Mourinho would try and make an example of Dele but I think it’s clear from the first week that he will look to take Dele under his wing and he sees him as a vital piece of our team

Dele is a special talent. He needs to become a special player. It would be a shame if he weren’t able to live up to his potential. Jose is right to try his best to get the most out of Dele.

On reflection, after their performances on Saturday, do you still think Dele and Winks are 'passengers'? You are allowed to change your mind, if you haven't already.

Dele is astute, both on and off the pitch. He realised he had to up his game to impress the new manager and he showed he has the ability to do it. We need him.

As for Winks, someone just had to tell him to pass the ball through the fucking middle sometimes. Otherwise, he's fine. He too had a good game.
Dele and Winks were beyond impressive on Sat, more than happy to be proven wrong even if it's too early. However, both are competing with Ndombele and GLC though, who are superior players imv.

Like I said, it's too early.

Back
Top Bottom