Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

KIERAN TRIPPIER has named the best team-mate he has ever played alongside... and it may surprise a few people.

The full-back has linked up with a host of superstar talent during his career.

Speaking to fans on social media, he said: "The best player I've ever played with has got to be Mousa Dembele when I was at Tottenham.

"The guy was an absolute magician with the ball. I haven't seen anyone like him before, so I've got to say him."

Dembele spent seven years at Tottenham between 2012 and 2019.

Speaking in 2017, Poch said: "He has started to work very hard, we are very happy with him.

"I always say, ‘Mousa, when I write my book I will say you are one of the genius players I have been lucky to meet’.

"They are Maradona, Ronaldinho, Jay-Jay Okocha, Ivan de la Pena and Mousa Dembele.

"We’ve always told him that if we had taken him at 18 or 19 years old, he would have become one of the best players in the world."

Still one of my favourite players. I see a lot of him in Bissouma, which is great. No coincidence we dropped off after Mooss left, and have picked up since Bissouma came in this season in that role

I genuinely think he is another of one a cohort of Belgian footballers let down by their FA. Look at a list of Belgian footballers of his and the subsequent half generation, if not incumbered by completely clueless coaching they should have challenged for a world cup or Euro final. Poor Mousa has the added misfortune of Pochettino's big game frailty. The bloke had zero luck. Fantastic footballer.

I genuinely think he is another of one a cohort of Belgian footballers let down by their FA. Look at a list of Belgian footballers of his and the subsequent half generation, if not incumbered by completely clueless coaching they should have challenged for a world cup or Euro final. Poor Mousa has the added misfortune of Pochettino's big game frailty. The bloke had zero luck. Fantastic footballer.
What, like the current England generation are being let down by having a total wet blanket in charge for the last 7 years?
People tried to credit him for a final and a semi final. I'd hold him responsible for not being better than that tbh.
We didn't get there because of him, we got there with a brilliant bunch of young talented players. Players who haven't won anything with England. Still.

If I were a woman... I would seriously considering to bear Mousa's baby :D .
Would put him or her right to football training from age of 3 and then make him love Spurs with every cell in his/her body and make sure he spends his/her career in Spurs if level is sufficient.

So... here's an idea for all female Spurs fans...
Surely if like 300+ will try it, there will be new Moose in town within next 25y ?!?!

And to prevent any questions - NO. It is not Mousa Dembele here writing this, doing elaborate scheme to get laid a lot :D .

Last edited:
If I were a woman... I would seriously considering to bear Mousa's baby :D .
Would put him or her right to football training from age of 3 and then make him love Spurs with every cell in his/her body and make sure he spends his/her career in Spurs if level is sufficient.

So... here's an idea for all female Spurs fans...
Surely if like 300+ will try it, there will be new Moose in town within next 25y ?!?!

And to prevent any questions - NO. It is not Mousa Dembele here writing this, doing elaborate scheme to get laid a lot :D .
Could we get Biss, Kane and Udogie in on the action also?

Could we get Biss, Kane and Udogie in on the action also?

Not Kane for sure :D .

I love Harry and he is still one of our own.. but he does not have this physical raw talent.
With him it is about very hard and dedicated work he's done. I doubt all this would go on with genes.
But Mousa was and is a freak of nature in a good way. More so than any that you mentioned, I would say.

Back
Top Bottom