Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it's the fucking chinese league, their top scorer is Eran Zehavi star of the Israeli premier league who could finish 6th in a 100 meter dash at the special Olympics on account of being slower than a three-legged turtle .

Stats there mean fuck all.

Err.. that's my point.

Just the two assists for Dembele today.

Loving life out in China.

1 goal and 3 assists in 8 games now for him. Completing 3 tackles per game and making 1.1 interceptions. As well as completing 5 dribbles per game (FIVE!!!) and making 1.6 key passes per game.

Imagine if he was this good with us!!!?
He was at one point. Had the best dribble and tackling success rate of all midfielders in europe in one of the seasons.

Oh come on.

We all loved Dembele but fuck me beyond the pointless shoulder drop, he was someone who'd just pass sideways or waste attacks.

Great at beating a press though. His best asset.

Find it absolutely laughable that some "fans" have the nerve to laugh at Sissokos finishing ability or the fact Winks doesn't attack only to then laud Dembele as someone who was a great finisher and would attack.
Guess all the players around him and Pochetino are all wrong except some idiot on a forum.

Guess all the players around him and Pochetino are all wrong except some idiot on a forum.

Feel free to post a quote from any of our players and manager where they've said Dembele was good at setting up goals or creating chances.

I'm here all night.

Feel free to post a quote from any of our players and manager where they've said Dembele was good at setting up goals or creating chances.

I'm here all night.
No one is saying he was goalscorer. But none of them or Poch will say he would do a pointless shoulder drop and nothing else. According to Poch and others that have played with him, hes one of the best theyve ever seen.

Typical cluelessness that we've come to expect from the forum idiot .

No one is saying he was goalscorer. But none of them or Poch will say he would do a pointless shoulder drop and nothing else. According to Poch and others that have played with him, hes one of the best theyve ever seen.

Typical cluelessness that we've come to expect from the forum idiot .

So you've quoted posts where I've said he has zero end product and then proved my point.

Right. Forum idiot.

Quite fitting that even the Dembele emoji on this forum is laughing at you.

:dembelelol:

People should stop pining after Dembele he was a ghost long before he left the club were right to get rid when they did, they were wrong not to replace him the summer before he left but that's another matter.

Was feeling nostalgic. One piece of skill missing from that video was against Juventus away, he received the ball on the edge of our 18 yard box with 2 players closing him down, a drop of the shoulder and a shimmy and the the 2 Juventus players left behind and danger averted.

Sorry to say but Dembele was so good it was impossible to replace him with the same style of a player
There is no player in the world who can do the same things like he did

Ndombele has a similar style but likes to play up further the pitch

It' simply not possible to create another Dembele

I still think we would have won the championsleague with Dembele

Modric was very good too, but his best came after he left spurs. We got most of dembele's best years.
Yeah, this is how I see it too.

It's hard to say it with 100% certainty though as Modric went to a team with a higher calibre level of individual players around him, so maybe this is why the perception of him improving comes from but most certainly he went into a league where competition basically comes in the form of just 3 teams (but since moving there I thought he was consistently their best player, better than plastic face that's for sure).

We still haven’t recovered from losing him, there is not one midfielder on our books who can dominate an opposing midfield and run the game the way he did.

Like Poch famously said, “without Dembele Tottenham do not exist”. Until we find a successor we are never really going to be able to make that next step. Every winning team needs a midfielder that opponents are afraid of.
:tanguythumb:

One of the most unsung PL players ever!!
(I know we appreciated him) but you look at the types of central midfielder Sky used to drool over (James Milner, Jack Wilshire, Mark Noble to name a few) they're not fit to lace the Moose's antlers!!
nah tbh pundits did appreciate Dembele.

Back
Top Bottom