Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those stats are damn impressive.
Of course, 92% of how many actual tackles ?
His passing is strong but it's just so slow to materialize which is so crucial vs those parked buses at the Lane.

He seems to be more useful vs those quality teams where possession is at a premium and his ability to beat a man goes a long long way.

Whilst stats stats and stats are all very impressive, I fear that if the final score 'stat' is a 0-1 defeat, then 92% of ANYTHING doesn't matter two shits...
it's the ONLY thing I think AVB has let himself become overly concerned with.

After all, who wouldn't have given their right nut for a possession percentage of 32% against Newcastle, if it meant we actually scored, and WON with that meagre possession.

As someone said (on here or TalkSport, I always get the two confused!!!) many possession statistics are compiled at the back-end of games, where the team in possession has already either won or lost the game, therefore what use the possession does, is sometimes skewed.
Passing it around 20 times in your own half seems to impress OPTA, but if you never venture into the opposition's half, and when you do, lose the ball and they go up the other end and score, then seriously, what's the use of it?

BTW, this was not meant to be an AVB rant... far from it, I love the guy, but I do worry that the modern obsession with 'stats' (along with how we seem to perform on FIFA Pro/FM'14 or whatever it is) have started to overtake the importance of the results themselves!

Dembele is an enigma due to his amazing strengths on a footy pitch and his glaring weaknesses. The bloke has amazing strength on the ball, dribbling ability and technique but unfortunately that is negated by the fact he is very unimaginative with his passing and often dallies on the ball before playing the safest option possible. Counter attacks frequently breakdown when he receives the ball and although he possesses a rocket of a shot you rarely see it. I can see AVB being frustrated with him as no matter where you put him in midfield his weaknesses will hinder your play. AM he's not creative and lacks end product, CM he doesn't recycle possession quick enough and dallies on the ball, DM he doesn't hold his position and frequently goes walkabout. When all our midfielders are fit I can see him slipping down the pecking order abit tbh.

‘The coach has explained that he makes a tactical choice, he wants more defensive players in midfield, I can’t be satisfied with it, of course, I just want to play as many games.’ :dembele:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/19/mousa...ation-at-defensive-andre-villas-boas-4192119/

#LOSTINTRANSLATION?

He's played in 14 matches so far this season so that would be rather shit if he was complaining.

Not been impressed with him there tbh. He likes receiving it deeper so he has the space to go on his mazy runs plus his passing aint the sharpest. Honestly think with Eriksen out we should play Ade in the 10 role.

Not been impressed with him there tbh. He likes receiving it deeper so he has the space to go on his mazy runs plus his passing aint the sharpest. Honestly think with Eriksen out we should play Ade in the 10 role.
i think ade's our best option ATM, but if we do play him there think the formation needs to be a 4-4-1-1..

yeh i saw that..townsend at LB ade LW...
must be something strange in the water in georgia...

tbf Ade often drifts out left but yeah Andros at LB that's some attacking shit lol

but with Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho in the middle he'd have plenty of cover/support

Ade would be more a LF also and Lamela a RF with the FBs providing the width

that shit could work I tell yeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! :ap:

When I think of players like Dembele, Jan, Holtby, Chiriches, Capoue, Lloris, Soldado, even AVB and BAE...we've got a club full of articulate, intelligent :walker:(for footballers) players/management who seem decent, well rounded human beings...

...when you think about the Neanderthals at SOME other clubs, (who may be doing better than us) it does make you wonder if we actually need a few nasty bastards in the mix... and before you say it :sandroscream:Sandro is almost to cartoon comic book villain... I mean PROPER NASTY!

We're still too fuckin' nice!

Back
Top Bottom