Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DxF0HQBVYAAKDK2.jpg

DxF0HPxUcAAHc9W.jpg

giphy.gif
It's his boyhood club mate

It's like the players are trying to actively troll the melts on here.

"Wah, we didn't buy a DM" - Poch puts Dier in and he becomes a rock.
"Lamela is fucking shit" - Plays a worldy against the title holders.
"We've got no cover at DM, Dembele isn't good enough" - MOTM performance.

:dier::lamelawtf::dembelewtf:
Mmmm
"I can't ever see Harry Kane scoring again, certainly not double hat tricks against Woolwich and West ham"

Worth a try

Dont know the situation under current management, but under (the fucking idiot) Wilmots he was behind all of Witsel, Naingollan and Fellaini it seemed. Ridiculous. In 15/16 he was the best player in the league by far.

Belgian here,

Given attacking talent like Lukaku, Hazard and Mertens... De Bruyne is forced to play in a more deeper role next to a true defensive midfielder (in this case Witsel unfortunately). Under Wilmots De Bruyne would sometimes play on the right wing or as a number 10.

Martinez doesn’t even like Radja and doesn’t really rate Fellaini (injuries are also a factor here), so they aren’t the problem, rather De Bruyne is. Tielemans is given more chances too.

YET I must add: Dembele for Tottenham is a different player than Dembele for Belgium. In my own opinion, I think this has to do with the fact that Tottenham have a clearer group dynamic that Dembele (like all the other Spurs players) understands and flourishes in, than the Belgian national team, which depend much more on individual talent instead of a ‘group-game-plan’.

Hope this was helpful!

We need to treat him a bit like Scholes towards the end and start eyeing up particular games and wrap him in cotton wool.

Agreed. If we're drawing at 70 mins, I want to see Poch taking a key from a string around his neck and unlocking the Dembele Button; then have the Moose emerge from one of those hydraulic ramps at the side of the pitch in a cocoon that falls open to reveal him flaring his nostrils and giving that dead-eye look straight at their CMs. Queue trickles of piss and sweet, sweet salty tears.

:dembelewtf:

I'll miss him.

From 2015 to 2017 for me he was the absolute best at what he was doing in central midfield. Never lost the ball. Controlled games. I'm so grateful that he put his body on the line for this club. Was part of special moments for this club. Part of our first win at Old Trafford in 20+ years (since done it three times), our first win at Stamford Bridge in 30 years, all of our record breaking Premier League seasons etc.

He will be part of Tottenham history. Memorable performances. Memorable partnerships. Its no surprise that every player from Danny Rose to Kevin de Bruyne rate him so highly.

We'll never see another like him. Not at this level anyway. Dribbling technique so unique I've still yet to see a player like it. As strong as an ox and as graceful as a ballerina. I'm so glad he was here when Poch arrived because he really got the best out of him.

Good luck in China Mousa. Hopefully you still have a few more of those performances in you.

Arguably man of the match in our last four games.

When you consider those were Man Utd, Liverpool, Woolwich and Juventus and and that was All within 14 days then you realise Dembele is back.

Back
Top Bottom