Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Two weeks ago, pundits and some Spurs fans alike thought he needed shifting out. People wanted Ross Barkley to replace Dembele.

Let that sink in.

Next time he picks up a knock and there is a transfer window round the corner, please think back to these last four games. This is what he was doing for the last three years.

Write him off, should be embarrassed.

Would be so disappointed to see him go! Absolutely love him. At Juve away he was insanely good! Also just coming on and smashing Ramos at wembley!

Please stay Moose! :dembelefingers:

I thought we would get one more season out of him, ie this one.
He's obviously not fit enough to even be used sparingly in this campaign, and think it's the right decision to let him go.
He has been a great player for us and is a one-off, so not sure how we are supposed to replace like-for-like.
I wish him well for the future.

Dembele cannot be judged on stats. Watching the way he casually stands on the ball, baiting people in before rolling his foot around it and ghosting past them can't be seen on a shitty bloggers heat-map.

Wow. I've always had a soft spot for him and his unique way of drifting past players.

Just as I started doubting he'd ever get into gear again for us he's having his best form ever, and he's started shooting, which he has shown to be brilliant at. What a goal.

This guy, along with Lamela, is the easily the most improved player this season. He has been outstanding. No other team has a player like him. Having one player who can glide past a player with ease and still be able to win a tackle, out muscle anyone and pick a pass out is hard to find.

I'm so glad Poch decided to keep him and has given him a chance to prove his worth. Without him I think we'd be worse off than where we are now.

You actually.... You actually tweeted Kane and Eriksen, telling them to teach Poch your tactics. You actually did that. Genuinely. In real life.

How did your 5 followers react? Legend.

Do you remember that Rievsland guy who used to say something along the lines of

Lamela and Chadli are shit. COYS

It's was always a negative statement followed by a positive COYS. Odd but made me laugh.
Revisland and Foxboro Foxboro are definitely the same asshole. In addition to being obsessed with Lamela, hating Spurs and always writing "COYS", both of the multi's names are based on the New England Patriots in the NFL. Foxboro is where the Patriots play their home games. And they used to have a player named Darrell Revis that was said to play on "Revis Island." It's a multi so obvious Sherlock ArcspacE ArcspacE would be embarrassed to take the case.

It looked much worse than it was. As others have pointed out, Costa clutched the wrong eye. I don't think that will save him unfortunately.

Next week if exactly the same thing happened, do not be surprised if Costa claims Moose trod on his hand.

Not condoning either Moose or Lamela, but I very much enjoyed watching it.

If you're going to be ruled out of the title, kicking Chelsea to lumps has an echo of glory to it.

When he is fully fit he should definitely start. But no shame in looking towards the future. Think of it like knowing that your car is past its best by date and spending more and more time in the shop. Makes sense to look at new ones

And then you get last night where no midfielder in the country could have lived with him. That was Mousa at his very, very best. An utterly terrifying proposition for any opponent.

Performances like his against Man U make me look back again at those very recent comments about shipping him for 20m if it comes and thank fuck again that fans aren't in charge. Unbelievable performance in a big game from the Moose.

Back
Top Bottom