Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

He’s a player we need to nurse like a baby.
Like Ledley, he may not be able to play every game, but he will know his own body & what it can and can’t do, & the difference he makes when he does play is incredible. You can see the confidence grow amongst the rest of the team when he is on his game.

Watching that highlights vid of him from last night just confirms what a top drawer player he is. He completely bossed The midfield...against Juve. The “old lady” or whatever it is they call that match fixing bunch of cunts looked like she’d had her back end ruined by a cactus by the end of the game.
:dembelefingers:

Last edited:
Dont know the situation under current management, but under (the fucking idiot) Wilmots he was behind all of Witsel, Naingollan and Fellaini it seemed. Ridiculous. In 15/16 he was the best player in the league by far.

Belgian here,

Given attacking talent like Lukaku, Hazard and Mertens... De Bruyne is forced to play in a more deeper role next to a true defensive midfielder (in this case Witsel unfortunately). Under Wilmots De Bruyne would sometimes play on the right wing or as a number 10.

Martinez doesn’t even like Radja and doesn’t really rate Fellaini (injuries are also a factor here), so they aren’t the problem, rather De Bruyne is. Tielemans is given more chances too.

YET I must add: Dembele for Tottenham is a different player than Dembele for Belgium. In my own opinion, I think this has to do with the fact that Tottenham have a clearer group dynamic that Dembele (like all the other Spurs players) understands and flourishes in, than the Belgian national team, which depend much more on individual talent instead of a ‘group-game-plan’.

Hope this was helpful!

He’s a player we need to nurse like a baby.
Like Ledley, he may not be able to play every game, but he will know his own body & what it can and can’t do, & the difference he makes when he does play is incredible. You can see the confidence grow amongst the rest of the team when he is on his game.

Watching that highlights vid of him from last night just confirms what a top drawer player he is. He completely bossed The midfield...against Juve. The “old lady” or whatever it is they call that match fixing bunch of cunts looked like she’d had her back end ruined by a cactus by the end of the game.
:dembelefingers:P

Ledley comparison is spot on - If we can get the best out of him, he will be held in the same esteem.

This is a very good read and if you are a self confessed football snob, like me, then it greats to see a tweet like that. Shows how much people are swayed by what the media are saying or in Dembele's case not saying. He's been great since the day he joined us and it is odd that only now people are waking up to him, just like the media. No coincidence.

"Mousa Dembélé did not so much seize the Juve midfield by the scruff as march it around in a headlock in its own backyard."

Ha ha the is the best description of a footballers performance I have ever read.

This is a very good read and if you are a self confessed football snob, like me, then it greats to see a tweet like that. Shows how much people are swayed by what the media are saying or in Dembele's case not saying. He's been great since the day he joined us and it is odd that only now people are waking up to him, just like the media. No coincidence.

That was a good read thanks.

I don't know if we are blessed with the fact that we get to see him play every week, we see what he does on and off the ball, more so if you are at the games and we also see how different spurs are when he doesn't play.
I know a lot of neutrals watch us now and it seems we are forever on tv, I don't know if its just me, but I don't analyse other teams games as much as Spurs games. I sometimes enjoy watching other teams more, not because they are better or play better football, but I feel detached from the game, no emotion, just enjoy football for what it is. I wonder if that is why others haven't picked up how great a player he is until pundits and the media point him out. Its probably easy to over look the slightly less attacking players as it would be for us to overlook slightly less attacking players in other teams.

More about Dembele (Pre Juve game) -
The Mousa Dembélé appreciation society and Jesé’s hot breath on Charlie Adam’s neck - The Mousa Dembélé appreciation society and Jesé’s hot breath on Charlie Adam’s neck | The Totally Football Show with James Richardson on acast

Last edited:
Two weeks ago, pundits and some Spurs fans alike thought he needed shifting out. People wanted Ross Barkley to replace Dembele.

Let that sink in.

Next time he picks up a knock and there is a transfer window round the corner, please think back to these last four games. This is what he was doing for the last three years.

Write him off, should be embarrassed.

10.2% of the whole possession: Mousa Dembele’s incredible display
VIDEOS
Mousa-Dembele-Spurs-Juventus.jpg

Tottenham earned a credible draw at Juventus in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Tuesday following a brilliant comeback.

Spurs fought back after two early goals from Gonzalo Higuain had put the hosts in front, but strikes from Christian Eriksen and Harry Kane either side of the break earned them a handy 2-2 draw.

One man to draw particular praise from the match was Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele.

His tight control, ability to pick a pass and strength to drive forward with the ball saw him impress many as he took the game by the scruff off the neck in Turin.

According to WhoScored’s match centre, the ball was in the possession of the Belgian a huge 10.2% of the game, while he was not dispossessed a single time.

Of 99 attempted passes, he completed a staggering 94, and was successful with each of his six attempted dribbles.

Not only going forward, though, Dembele attempted four tackles during the match – all of which were successful.

What a player.

Not sure if it is Rio or Les saying this as on my app it said Rio and in the Daily Fail Les but whoever it was can :dembelefingers:

Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele should have followed former team-mate Gareth Bale's trajectory and be a Real Madrid player by now, believes Les Ferdinand.

Dembele has caught the eye for Spurs in the past fortnight - dominating midfield against Manchester United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Juventus.

The 30-year-old's monstrous displays have demonstrated his sheer ability, but Ferdinand believes those performances have been too fleeting.

Dembele has been plagued by injuries since joining Tottenham from Fulham in 2012 and Ferdinand attributes this as a reason why he has never fully achieved his vast potential.

He told Omnisport: 'I'll be honest; I've been disappointed with Mousa. I really thought he would go on and be next player to leave Spurs and join Real Madrid.

'He's got that ability. He's suffered a few injuries, but hasn't hit the heights that I thought he was going to hit.

'He has done really well and when he plays you can see how important he is to Spurs, but I expected him to push on from when I left [when Mauricio Pochettino arrived in 2014].

'I really thought he'd be the next one to do a Gareth Bale [and join Real Madrid]. Instead, Harry [Kane] has come and overtaken him in the limelight.'

Not sure if it is Rio or Les saying this as on my app it said Rio and in the Daily Fail Les but whoever it was can :dembelefingers:

Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele should have followed former team-mate Gareth Bale's trajectory and be a Real Madrid player by now, believes Les Ferdinand.

Dembele has caught the eye for Spurs in the past fortnight - dominating midfield against Manchester United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Juventus.

The 30-year-old's monstrous displays have demonstrated his sheer ability, but Ferdinand believes those performances have been too fleeting.

Dembele has been plagued by injuries since joining Tottenham from Fulham in 2012 and Ferdinand attributes this as a reason why he has never fully achieved his vast potential.

He told Omnisport: 'I'll be honest; I've been disappointed with Mousa. I really thought he would go on and be next player to leave Spurs and join Real Madrid.

'He's got that ability. He's suffered a few injuries, but hasn't hit the heights that I thought he was going to hit.

'He has done really well and when he plays you can see how important he is to Spurs, but I expected him to push on from when I left [when Mauricio Pochettino arrived in 2014].

'I really thought he'd be the next one to do a Gareth Bale [and join Real Madrid]. Instead, Harry [Kane] has come and overtaken him in the limelight.'
The comments are Ferdinand's, 100%. He's saying this as this is what he and Timmy said to him when they were the first team management. I never had an issue with Ferdinand until it was revealed that this is what he says to our own players, I was fucking fuming. Imagine believing that as a supporter of Tottenham that those in charge of building a successful squad are actually telling your players that you should be playing for Real Madrid, what a cunt! Night and day different approaches between Poch and him/them. Poch comes in and says listen to me and we can all compete with Real Madrid (in fact we spanked them), Timmy & Ferdinand say your good enough to get sold to Madrid. If you want to employ a management team to take you precisely NOWHERE then hire Timmy and Ferdinand. Is it any wonder that Timmy has been sacked in his only PL gig he's ever been appointed in since leaving his temporary position with us and Ferdinand is at QPR currently 16th in the League. Stealing a living both of them.

Back
Top Bottom